News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cell phone ignores my calls

Started by svetlo56, February 16, 2011, 10:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svetlo56

3 questions from newbie:
1. I just installed the system (OBI+Google voice), calling out from my OBI attached phone to a landline works, incoming call from cell phone to my OBI attached phone works, but when calling a cell phone from my OBI attached phone  I hear ringing on my attached phone phone headset, but the called cell phone does not ring.

2. When I call my Google voice (GV) number from outside, the OBI attached phone rings (GV number works), but when I call someone's landline from my OBI  attached phone, the caller ID shows some other number (not my GV number).

3. When I call from Google Voice (directly from Google Voice, not from my OBI attached phone) an outside number, my OBI attached phone rings!!!!

Help

jimates

Quote from: svetlo56 on February 16, 2011, 10:11:43 PM
3 questions from newbie:
1. I just installed the system (OBI+Google voice), calling out from my OBI attached phone to a landline works, incoming call from cell phone to my OBI attached phone works, but when calling a cell phone from my OBI attached phone  I hear ringing on my attached phone phone headset, but the called cell phone does not ring.

2. When I call my Google voice (GV) number from outside, the OBI attached phone rings (GV number works), but when I call someone's landline from my OBI  attached phone, the caller ID shows some other number (not my GV number).

3. When I call from Google Voice (directly from Google Voice, not from my OBI attached phone) an outside number, my OBI attached phone rings!!!!

Help
1. - if you can call a landline from your obi successfully there should be no problem calling a cellular number. have you tried several different cell numbers?

2. - caller id problems started for many many GV users in the last couple of days. It is a Google problem. It does seem to only  be affected for google chat/gmail calls, not for calls initiated from your GV page.

3. When you called from GV what phone did you choose to place the call. The phone attached to the Obi should ring every time a call that forwards to Google Chat rings.

svetlo56

1. - if you can call a landline from your obi successfully there should be no problem calling a cellular number. have you tried several different cell numbers?

I tried several cell phones, no answer (they answer when I call them from my other phone)............

Totally stumped

RonR

Does the call to your cell phone go through when you initiate the call from Google's web page instead of the OBi110?  If it doesn't, then the problem is with Google Voice and not with the OBi110.  My Google Voice number doesn't call serveral phone numbers that are reachable from other services, regardless of how those calls through Google Voice are originated.

The very first thing anyone should do when having trouble calling through Google Voice is initiate the call from Google's web page to eliminate the possibility of it being an OBi110 issue.  If the call doesn't work correctly from Google's web page, it's not an OBi110 problem and there is probably nothing Obihai can do to correct it.