News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound call route (Dial Plan)

Started by Riyas, June 02, 2011, 10:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riyas

Hello !

I am trying to understand obi dial patterns... Unfortunately, I have hard time to understand it.

What I want to do is very simple: I don't want to dial **1 or **2 to select voice services.

For example:

1) If I call an indian landline (0091xxxxxxxxxx) I want it to go through my PSTN line (it's free for me)
2) If I call an indian mobile (00919xxxxxxxxx), I want it to go through my SP1

My primary voice service is my PSTN line. All my other calls will go through PSTN

Can you please explain me how and where to modify my digit maps

Thanks

RonR

Assuming all DigitMaps, OutboundCallRoutes, and PrimaryLine settings are at Default, change:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port ->  DigitMap: (<**1>00919xx.|xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

This DigitMap will be used if PrimaryLine = PSTN Line (which is the default setting).

The additional rule [<**1>00919xx.] causes **1 to be added to the beginning of any dialed number that begins with 00919.  The added **1 will cause that number to be sent to SP1 (after first removing the **1) when it's processed by the OutboundCallRoute.  Any other dialed number (including ones beginning with 0091 but without a 9 as the next digit) will be caught by one of the original rules (most likely xx. in your case) and sent out the LINE Port.

Refer to the OBi Device Administration Guide for complete details.

Riyas

Thanks RonR for your quick reply... I have one last question. If I want to add another rule to send the call through SP1 (ex : numbers starting with 0097), which one is correct ?

(<**1>00919xx.|0097xx.|xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Or

(<**1>00919xx.|<**1>0097xx.|xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Thanks for your help

RonR

Any special cases you wish to be sent to SP1 instead of the LINE Port would be like the 00919 case:

(<**1>00919xx.|<**1>0097xx.|xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Riyas

Wow !!! What a quick reply... It's working great  :)

Thanks a lot

Riyas

RonR,

Thanks to your help, my dial plan was working good. I wanted to set up your single stage method (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0).

This is my obitalk inboundcall settings :

{(Mcot)>(Mli):li},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

I've also followed other steps (changing digitmap and inboundcall route in Phone and Auto attendant, creating new user defined digitmaps etc...)

Since then, if I dial 00919xx. to call indian mobile, my calls are routed through PSTN line instead of SP1.

My line port digitmap is : (<**1>00919xx.|<**1>0097xx.|xx.)

I don't know if I have to change anything. Thanks for your help

RonR

I'm assuming we're discussing single-stage dialing here and calls from the PHONE Port are still working properly...

I think you'll need to add the following rule to the beginning of your OBiTALK InboundCallRoute to have single-stage dialing mimic your PHONE Port behavior:

{(Mcot)>(00919xx.|0097xx.):sp1},

Riyas

Actually Yes, I am trying to setup single stage dialling. But as soon as I change phone port's and auto attendant's digitmap, all calls from PHONE port are routed through Line port (even 00919 calls). I am gonna try your method and keep you informed

Thanks

RonR

The OBiTALK InboundCallRoute won't affect the PHONE Port (and neither will the Auto Attendant DigitMap).

What did you change in the PHONE Port and Auto Attendant DigitMap's?  The only thing you should have needed to change was:

In the PHONE Port and Auto Attendant DigitMap's, change [1-9]x?*(Mpli) to [1-9]x?*@@.

In the PHONE Port and Auto Attendant OutboundCallRoute's, change {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp} to {([1-9]x?*@@.):pp}

Those changes shouln't have made any difference to PHONE Port calling of 00919 or 0097 numbers.  They still should go out SP1 instead of the LINE Port.

Riyas

Quote from: RonR on October 24, 2011, 12:26:42 PM

In the PHONE Port and Auto Attendant DigitMap's, change [1-9]x?*(Mpli) to [1-9]x?*@@.

In the PHONE Port and Auto Attendant OutboundCallRoute's, change {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp} to {([1-9]x?*@@.):pp}

These are exact changes I've made. As soon as I change these settings, all my calls are routed through PSTN (my PSTN dials **100919xxxxxxxx)

Call 6   10/24/2011    20:02:00   
Terminal ID                 PHONE1           LINE1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   009196008xxxxx   **1009196008xxxxx
Direction                  Outbound   Outbound
20:02:00   New Call   
20:02:09   Call Connected
20:02:11   End Call

But If I revert back to old settings ([1-9]x?*(Mpli) & {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp} ), it's working again through SP1. It's strange

RonR

Riyas,

Strange is right!  Please post the complete PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute with the changes installed that doesn't work.  Maybe I can spot something that way.

JohnB

Ron, I wanted something similar (all 7-digit numbers plus calls to area code 772 and 864) to go through SP1. I did this by modifying the OutboundCallRoute on the Phone Port. It seems to work fine. Is there a reason that I should change to your method?

RonR

Quote from: JohnB on October 24, 2011, 02:46:42 PM
Ron, I wanted something similar (all 7-digit numbers plus calls to area code 772 and 864) to go through SP1. I did this by modifying the OutboundCallRoute on the Phone Port. It seems to work fine. Is there a reason that I should change to your method?

I generally don't do that sort of thing in the OutboundCallRoute, but if it works the way want it to, that's what's important.

Riyas

Quote from: RonR on October 24, 2011, 02:22:37 PM
Riyas,

Strange is right!  Please post the complete PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute with the changes installed that doesn't work.  Maybe I can spot something that way.

Hi RonR,

These are the settings :

Phone > Digitmap : [1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**4(Mvg4)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Phone > Outbound callroute : {([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**4:>(Mvg4)):vg4},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Thanks for your help

RonR

Quote from: Riyas on October 25, 2011, 10:46:42 AM
Phone > Digitmap : [1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**4(Mvg4)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Riyas,

I assume you have a '(' at the beginning of this line in the OBi and it's simply an omission in your posting?

And your PrimaryLine is still PSTN LINE?

Other than that, I don't see an explanation.

You might try the following steps:

1. System Management -> Device Update -> Backup Configuration (Use OBi Version : checked)

2. System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration

3. System Management -> Device Update -> Restore Configuration

4. Re-enter all passwords (they're not saved in a backup file).

I believe you had an unexplained problem in the past that required resetting the unit back to factory defaults and reconfiguring it in order to clear up the mystery (I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion).

Riyas

RonR,

Restore to Factory default solved the problem  :). Thank you so much for your help.