News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Do Medical Alert Stations Work With Obi202?

Started by Arizona480, January 06, 2021, 06:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona480

We are converting my mom to Google Voice with the Obi202 modem to save close to the $50 a month having the phone line provided by COX.

I purchased a dedicated phone number for emergencies from Callcentric which can be used for incoming and outgoing calls and it's primary line is "Phone 2" in the Obi202 modem for her Medical Guardian alert console.    When we test the console, it dials out the proper number and we can hear the technician, however they cannot hear us.

The console is working fine (we hear them/they hear us)with the COX service which has not been disconnected yet.  The current COX setup is the Cable modem renders the telephone signals and provides 2 classic POTS phone jacks. 

Technical support informed me that the device would not work with a VOIP system.  Isn't providing the phone through the COX modem technically VOIP anyway?

Note:  an alert system that uses cellular only is not desirable in that area as the signals are not reliable.