News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't call out GV Obi202 & Cisco SPA504

Started by howelldw, January 15, 2021, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howelldw

Howdy!

Can someone take a look at these settings.  I am trying to get google voice working on my Cisco SPA504G Line 3.  I'm still unable to dial out on my Cisco IP phone.  Everything inbound works fine.  I've tried to settings I've seen posted in the forums, but none of them seem to work.  Apparently, I have something in error somewhere.

Any help from a pro is appreciated.

Thanks!

howelldw

Quote from: zapattack on January 15, 2021, 11:22:16 PM
SP?

And for clarification, I am trying to get Google Voice working on the Cisco SPA504G Line 3.

I was following this guide:

drgeoff

1. sp is a short form for sp1. For sp2 to sp4 the identifier must be included.

2. Latest firmwares have a bug which prevents some IP phones being able to SIP register to the OBi202. This is discussed in some previous posts by azobert. Can your phone call without registration?

3. The original tutorial authored by Obihai is the internetarchive link in one of my posts in the thread at https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11535.0

howelldw

Quote from: drgeoff on January 16, 2021, 09:16:39 AM

2. Latest firmwares have a bug which prevents some IP phones being able to SIP register to the OBi202. This is discussed in some previous posts by azobert. Can your phone call without registration?

3. The original tutorial authored by Obihai is the internetarchive link in one of my posts in the thread at https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11535.0

The phone software is 7.5.2b It is a older firmware.

I would assume it can dial without registration as those are options in the phone admin page.  Here is a screenshot of that section:

drgeoff

Quote from: howelldw on January 17, 2021, 07:08:03 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on January 16, 2021, 09:16:39 AM

The phone software is 7.5.2b It is a older firmware.

I would assume it can dial without registration as those are options in the phone admin page.  Here is a screenshot of that section:

I was referring to OBi firmwares, not Cisco ones.  I have no experience with Cisco phones but yes the screenshot indicates that calling without registration is possible.

See azrobert's post http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14121.msg90589#msg90589 and also the one he links to in that.

azrobert

Temporarily change the SP2 X_InboundCallRoute to: ph

Now try a call. Does the OBi202 attached phone ring? If it doesn't ring, the call isn't getting to the OBi202.

If it rings, change the SP2 X_InboundCallRoute to: sp1

Try another call. Does it work?

Why did you change the SP2 X_UserAgentPort to 5062? The default if 5061. The default for SP3 is 5062.

howelldw

Quote from: azrobert on January 17, 2021, 08:30:51 AM
Temporarily change the SP2 X_InboundCallRoute to: ph

Now try a call. Does the OBi202 attached phone ring? If it doesn't ring, the call isn't getting to the OBi202.

If it rings, change the SP2 X_InboundCallRoute to: sp1

Try another call. Does it work?

Why did you change the SP2 X_UserAgentPort to 5062? The default if 5061. The default for SP3 is 5062.

The google voice line  (line 3 on my SPA504G) does ring for incoming calls. I can receive and answer calls with no problem.  My problem is that I can't call a number outbound.  I do have a dial tone, but when I dial a number, it gives a fast busy signal and says "invalid number" on the display.

Under SP2 Services- changing the X_Inbound Call Route to ph didn't do anything.  The IP phone still rings when I call it.  In order to have the old analog phone to ring, I believe I'd have to add PH to SP1?

I did change the X_User agentPort back to 5061. My phone proxy is 5062 which is line 3 on the SPA504G.  I was just experimenting trying to figure out why it won't dial out.

If you need to see one of my setting windows I can screen shot if you have a idea of where to look.

Thanks!

azrobert

I assume you also changed the SPA504G proxy port to 5061.

I wanted you to make an outbound call from the SPA504G with SP2 X_InboundCallRoute set to: ph
Is this what you did?

Setting it to "ph" will ring the OBi202 attached phone instead of routing to a provider. This will see if the outbound call is getting to the OBi202.

Are you running the OBi202 in Router or Bridge mode?
If you are running in Router mode, how is the SPA504G connected? To the OBi202 or your main router?

howelldw

Quote from: azrobert on January 17, 2021, 02:19:25 PM
I assume you also changed the SPA504G proxy port to 5061.

I wanted you to make an outbound call from the SPA504G with SP2 X_InboundCallRoute set to: ph
Is this what you did?

Setting it to "ph" will ring the OBi202 attached phone instead of routing to a provider. This will see if the outbound call is getting to the OBi202.

Are you running the OBi202 in Router or Bridge mode?
If you are running in Router mode, how is the SPA504G connected? To the OBi202 or your main router?

Rgr that.  I understand better now.  First, I have the SPA504 plugged directly to my switch.  The Obi 202 is also plugged separately to the switch.  Each has its own IP number.

I went to the phone admin and changed the proxy to the IP#:5061

I then changed the X_InboundCallRoute to ph and was able to get the analog phone to ring.

I then changed it back to SP1 and the analog phone still rang.  Not sure why it was, however, I put the original string of  {Obitalk>(xxxxxxxxx):pp},{Obitalk>(xx.):sp}. back in there and it started to work.

Is this the best script to put here?  or is their something else.

I think it is in router mode, but I don't recall where to look to determine that.

I can make a outgoing call now, so problem resolved.

Thanks Again!