News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi # located at the bottom of Obi 200 is different from Obi # in Obi system

Started by zrzhu111, December 29, 2020, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zrzhu111

I just recently purchased Obi 200 from Amazon. Just realized the Obi # located at the bottom of the device (which is the same on the box) is different from the Obi # in Obi system when I log into Obi 200. On Obi Talk website, the Obi # is the same as in Obi system. Is this normal or I should ask Amazon for a replacement? I'm able to add the device to my Obi account and activated Google voice.

drgeoff

Quote from: zrzhu111 on December 29, 2020, 06:19:40 PM
I just recently purchased Obi 200 from Amazon. Just realized the Obi # located at the bottom of the device (which is the same on the box) is different from the Obi # in Obi system when I log into Obi 200. On Obi Talk website, the Obi # is the same as in Obi system. Is this normal or I should ask Amazon for a replacement? I'm able to add the device to my Obi account and activated Google voice.
The OBi number on your dashboard at obitalk.com will be the same as the number shown in the OBi's local interface because they both originate from the same place - a memory chip in the OBi.

That number being different from the printed one on the underside and box can only arise in one of two ways:

1.  A problem at the factory.

or

2.  The memory chip got corrupted after the correct number (ie the printed one) was programmed into it.