News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 goes to voice mail but phone keeps ringing

Started by thekingofspain, January 25, 2021, 06:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekingofspain

For that last month my OBI 110 has apppeared to be ringing for 105 seconds before going to voice mail.  I am using phone power as my provider.  I changed their "Call Forwarding" feature which controls the duration of when to call traansfers to voicemail.  Tweaking this setting did not correct the issue.  Working with phone power technical support on a mobile call, they set the wait time to 6 seconds and the called my home number.  On phone power side, the call transferred to voice mail in 6 seconds, however the obi110 kept ringing for 105 seconds.  I have no changed anything on the Obi or SIP provider in the last few years, any thoughts on how to correct this issue.  Phone Power suggested upgrading to a new Obi devive that was still supported.

Renner

Quote from: thekingofspain on January 25, 2021, 06:42:02 PM
For that last month my OBI 110 has apppeared to be ringing for 105 seconds before going to voice mail.  I am using phone power as my provider.  I changed their "Call Forwarding" feature which controls the duration of when to call traansfers to voicemail.  Tweaking this setting did not correct the issue.  Working with phone power technical support on a mobile call, they set the wait time to 6 seconds and the called my home number.  On phone power side, the call transferred to voice mail in 6 seconds, however the obi110 kept ringing for 105 seconds.  I have no changed anything on the Obi or SIP provider in the last few years, any thoughts on how to correct this issue.  Phone Power suggested upgrading to a new Obi devive that was still supported.
myprepaidcenter.com

Disable voicemail on 110  It doesn't matter which method you use, but you can only use one.  jobs, wherein you are required to get a conventional inbound telephone line, with no call forwarding or voicemail or three-way calling at all.  It's just going to be a plain phone number that rings your OBi-attached phone.

drgeoff

The edit made by Renner was the addition of a SPAM link.  Ignore that whole reply.

thekingofspain

I deleted the rule on PhonePower, Obi keeps ringing.
I upgrade to the beta PhonePower Incoming call manager, Obi keeps ringing.

A new troubling piece of information, if phone power has already directed the call the voicemail and then you pick up the incoming call, the obi locks up:

• Line is flagged as in use
  • No response from the Obi device web
  • The two right most leds on the device blink on and off in unison

The Obi then has to be mannually reset.

azrobert

I can't believe this is an OBi110 problem. Anyway, you could dump PhonePower's voicemail and use Callcentric's free VM. I'll show you how If you're interested.