News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 Two Line Phone Support

Started by David83293, January 28, 2021, 07:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David83293

Does the OBi200 support two-line telephones? The photos show four contacts, but most of the discussion about multiple lines refers to the OBi202.

To be clear I want to setup two Google Voice accounts, and have a traditional two-line telephone support calls out/in on different the numbers for line 1 and line 2.

I think the answer is no, but it's very frustrating that this is not clearly spelled out either way in the product descriptions.

drgeoff

The answer is no.  The OBi200 has only one set of phone interface electronics and it connects to the centre two contacts of the PHONE socket.

The product descriptions are quite clear that one of the differences between the 200 and 202 is the number of phones that can be used independently.

Edit:  I just noticed that azrobert has given essentially the same answer to your duplicate post in another part of the forum.  Please do not multiple post again.

David83293

Quote from: drgeoff on January 28, 2021, 02:19:16 PM
Edit:  I just noticed that azrobert has given essentially the same answer to your duplicate post in another part of the forum.  Please do not multiple post again.

So sorry. I in fact duplicate posted like 5 times. Every time I pressed Post it gave a weird Gmail text error message, that was the page it took me to. So I assumed nothing was being posted. I tried in three browsers until I noticed the duplicates and thought I had deleted all but one! This website is pretty poor, the forum isn't even on HTTPS...