News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obitalk number does not match number on ObI200 device label

Started by kegepet, February 09, 2021, 11:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kegepet

I just activated my new ObI200 device and noticed the number I was assigned by obitalk does not match the number printed on the label on the bottom of the unit itself. Is this normal? Thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: kegepet on February 09, 2021, 11:45:22 AM
I just activated my new ObI200 device and noticed the number I was assigned by obitalk does not match the number printed on the label on the bottom of the unit itself. Is this normal? Thanks.
1. Are you sure you are not being confused by the Softphone number on your Dashboard?

2.  Dial ***1 and note the IP address that will be read out to you.  Point a web browser at that address and log in with admin for both username and password.  Click on Status, then on System Status and look for the OBi number on the page.

kegepet

Nope, the number in the web ui is the same as that on the obitalk dashboard. This number is not the same 9-digit number as is printed on the ObI200 label located on the bottom of the device. And no, I'm not confusing it with the soft phone number.

drgeoff

Quote from: kegepet on February 09, 2021, 12:53:23 PM
Nope, the number in the web ui is the same as that on the obitalk dashboard. This number is not the same 9-digit number as is printed on the ObI200 label located on the bottom of the device. And no, I'm not confusing it with the soft phone number.
There was a similar difference reported in a post within the last week or two.  Which of the two numbers is on the box that your OBi200 was in?

kegepet

the number on the box is the same as the one on the device's label.