News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 with GV-poor results

Started by skipro, October 27, 2011, 01:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro

I started using Obi 110 3-4 months ago with GV and the results were good. I then switched to Obi100 about 2 months ago and at the time of this switch, GV results were poor, noise, dropped calls, the other person could not frequently hear me. My router is not the problem and packet transmission OK. At that time, I was told by Obi tech support it was not an Obi issue but GV was apparently having quality issues. Since then [last 2 months] GV has been inconsistant with poor results much of the time. Sometimes it is ok. Is this a GV issue? What results are others getting with GV? Might it be my Obi device?

lindend

My results are similar but I'm still using the 110.  Call quality used to be great, but now I battle periodically poor call quality each day.  When the 110 is rebooted, call quality returns to normal (for a while). I've written a linux script to reboot the device each night when everyone is sleeping but that doesn't help during the day.  Problem surfaced after a firmware upgrade but hasn't rectified itself.

Anyone else seeing similar issues?

jeremyan

I'm having exactly the same issue.  I had to keep rebooting the box frequently otherwise the voice quality degrades pretty fast.  Google voice used to be good when I first got this box.
Someone from OBI gave me a number 408-890-6000 to call for help.  I haven't had the chance to do it yet.  This morning I was going to call them but the call quality turned out to be good at the moment thus I didn't bother to do it.  I'll definitely give them a call once the voice quality turns bad again.

Quote from: lindend on November 07, 2011, 03:58:53 AM
My results are similar but I'm still using the 110.  Call quality used to be great, but now I battle periodically poor call quality each day.  When the 110 is rebooted, call quality returns to normal (for a while). I've written a linux script to reboot the device each night when everyone is sleeping but that doesn't help during the day.  Problem surfaced after a firmware upgrade but hasn't rectified itself.

Anyone else seeing similar issues?