News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Want to receive calls from only one phone number

Started by VoipUser3, February 11, 2021, 02:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoipUser3

Hello all. I'm new to the forum. I just got a new OBI200 and want to set it up so it only rings when called from one specific number. Can anyone help me to do that? If there is documentation explaining how to do that you can just point me there. I'm a technical person, but no experience with the innards of voip.

Thanks in advance.

drgeoff

Quote from: VoipUser3 on February 11, 2021, 02:41:23 PM
Hello all. I'm new to the forum. I just got a new OBI200 and want to set it up so it only rings when called from one specific number. Can anyone help me to do that? If there is documentation explaining how to do that you can just point me there. I'm a technical person, but no experience with the innards of voip.

Thanks in advance.

Please use the "Remove" button to delete all other copies of your post.

You have not indicated which ITSP you are using.  There can be slight differences in what format they use for sending Caller ID.  For example Google Voice prepends the 10 digit number with +1.

You need to change the X_InBoundCallRoute of the relevant SP to something like

{(+16665551234):ph},{} for GV

{6665551234:ph}.{}  for ITSPs that send a 10 digit CallerID

Use Expert mode on your dashboard at obitalk.com to make the change under Voice Services, SPx Service.  Clear both tick boxes at the right hand side of the line to make the field editable.  When done click "Submit" at the bottom and wait for the OBi to reboot.