News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Looking for some help for FreePBX 15.0.17.24 and Obihai202

Started by Maverick923, February 18, 2021, 07:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick923

Hello,

I was looking for a way of using my existing lan to do POTS over ethernet using my OBIHAI Google voice box since I did not have a phone jack where I need the line, but do have lan access. Up until 2 days ago, I did not really understand anything about phone systems. I learned of Freepbx and what I can do with it using the Obi202. I went and loaded FreePBX 15.0.17.24 on my Unraid box.  Using some dated tutorials, I had a little trouble getting the devices to talk until I figured out that I needed to change the proxy port to 5160 as stated in the Freepbx dash for chan to work, but not very clear in every tutorial thus far.

I am unable to make outbound calls no matter what tutorial I have followed. I just get all circuits are busy. Please try your call again later. I really tried to find the info myself, but I am stuck. Can anyone please point me to where I can find some good information that is not 5 to 10 years old and still current for the version of Freepbx I am running? I would appreciate that. Also please keep in mind that I did not know what a PBX, SIP, FXO Gateway was until 2 days ago.

drgeoff

Quote from: Maverick923 on February 18, 2021, 07:42:07 PM
Hello,

I was looking for a way of using my existing lan to do POTS over ethernet using my OBIHAI Google voice box since I did not have a phone jack where I need the line, but do have lan access. Up until 2 days ago, I did not really understand anything about phone systems. I learned of Freepbx and what I can do with it using the Obi202. I went and loaded FreePBX 15.0.17.24 on my Unraid box.  Using some dated tutorials, I had a little trouble getting the devices to talk until I figured out that I needed to change the proxy port to 5160 as stated in the Freepbx dash for chan to work, but not very clear in every tutorial thus far.

I am unable to make outbound calls no matter what tutorial I have followed. I just get all circuits are busy. Please try your call again later. I really tried to find the info myself, but I am stuck. Can anyone please point me to where I can find some good information that is not 5 to 10 years old and still current for the version of Freepbx I am running? I would appreciate that. Also please keep in mind that I did not know what a PBX, SIP, FXO Gateway was until 2 days ago.
Not 100% clear what you are trying to do but if you want to make or receive calls on a POTS line then an OBi202 is not equipped for that. Its two RJ11 sockets are for phones. Indeed plugging a POTS line into either of those is an easy way to fry the  internal circuitry.

Maverick923

Maybe my terminology may be off. The simplest way I can explain is. I need a source of phone service which is the Obi202 which is linked to GV. When calls come in, I would like Freepbx to route that call to my softphone or FXO gateway so I do not need to run another phone where there is none. I have lan access where I need it instead.

How can I go about this?

drgeoff

Quote from: Maverick923 on February 19, 2021, 06:39:40 AM
Maybe my terminology may be off. The simplest way I can explain is. I need a source of phone service which is the Obi202 which is linked to GV. When calls come in, I would like Freepbx to route that call to my softphone or FXO gateway so I do not need to run another phone where there is none. I have lan access where I need it instead.

How can I go about this?
You don't need FreePBX to do that.  An Obi202 is able to forward incoming calls (GV or other SIP ITSP) to a softphone or FXO gateway.

However if you want the PBX anyway, see https://twosortoftechguys.wordpress.com/2019/12/05/pjsip-edition-how-to-use-an-obihai-200-series-voip-device-as-a-gateway-between-google-voice-and-freepbx/ and https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33022737-PBX-FreePBX-and-Obihai-200-trunks

techno.express

Not sure you know anything about docker, but there is a pre-built image https://hub.docker.com/r/technoexpress/freepbx for that, or look over the config setting at the bottom of this page https://github.com/techno-express/freepbx, for GV.