News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Scheduled Whitelist

Started by WhitelistQuestion, February 25, 2021, 06:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitelistQuestion

Hello everyone, I'm trying to set up my Obihai Obi202 device (using Google Voice) to work on a scheduled whitelist system. My goal is to have a whitelist that's active during the night and only numbers on the whitelist to ring, but to have the whitelist deactivated during the day so that all calls come through. Basically, I do not want to be woken up while I'm sleeping unless it's an emergency from a whitelisted number. How should I set this up? Thanks.

GeeObi

If you're using Google Voice you could use 'call screening' at night and switch it off during the day.

WhitelistQuestion

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for a more automated solution though, and I'd rather the calls that get in do so directly rather than through call screening.

drgeoff

OBis have no means of automatically changing call handling based on time. (Time of day, day of week etc.)

Therefore you need to do it externally such as by using a feature offered by the ITSP or by running your own PBX between ITSP and OBi.