News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 and Google Voice

Started by mvg1, October 27, 2011, 07:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvg1

I just set up my OBI 100 and my GV. When I try to make a call, I get "Could not complete the call. Please try again".

I am also not receiving call on phone connected to OBI100. I do get a dial tone though.

Thanks in advance.

RonR

Quote from: mvg1 on October 27, 2011, 07:02:53 PM
I just set up my OBI 100 and my GV. When I try to make a call, I get "Could not complete the call. Please try again".

I am also not receiving call on phone connected to OBI100. I do get a dial tone though.

Dialtone comes from the OBi and is present even if the OBi is not configured and not connected to the Internet.

Can you reach the OBiTALK echo test by dialing? : **9 222 222 222

If not, you probably have Internet connectivity problems.

Log into the OBi at the IP address retuned by dialing ***1 and look at "SP1 Service Status" on the "System Status" that first comes up.  It should read:

Status     Connected

Please report the exact message you are hearing and whether it's a male or female voice.

jimates

"Could not complete the call. Please try again" is a google voice message. Evidently the Obi is delivering the call and the problem is at google voice. Check the call history of the Obi to see exactly what number is being delivered to google voice.

mvg1

RonR - Thanks for your response.

I did the echo test and it worked fine.

I also checked the SP1 service status and shows connected.

Still I am getting the same female voice message when I try make a call. "We could not complete your call. Please try again"

mvg1

Jimates - Thanks for your response. Sorry for being dumb. How do I check the call history on OBI100?

Thanks in advance.

mvg1

Jimates - I was able to find the call history and the out going no is right.

Direction   Outbound   Outbound
19:48:46   New Call   
19:48:47      Call Connected
19:48:51      End Call

RonR

The number in the right-hand column (which should read GoogleVoice1) is what was sent to Google Voice.

Is it the correct number and is it 11 digits starting with 1?

mvg1

RonR - Yes the no starts with 1 and is the right number.

RonR

Then the problem would appear to be with Google Voice.

Have you tried calling other numbers?

mvg1

I tried multiple outgoing nos and the same result through OBI100.

RonR

Can you call those numbers using the dialpad on the Google Voice web page?

mvg1

Yes - I am able to call from web to the same nos from google voice page.

RonR

Then it's not clear why Google Voice is not happy with the numbers being sent from the OBi if the correct numbers are being displayed in the OBi's Call History.

QBZappy

mvg1,
Are you logged in both the OBi and your browser? Your browser might have been the last to register and kicked out the OBi registration. Make certain you log out from the browser, reboot the OBi and try again.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mvg1

Guys,

I have signed out of the browser after rebooting obi100 and still the same message.

I am not able to see the option "Forward calls to google chat" on my phone tab under voice settings. Am I missing something in my set up?

It is day 2 after setting up and still not working.

Please help fixing the set up.

Thanks in advance.

QBZappy

http://www.google.com/support/chat/bin/answer.py?answer=187936

To receive calls in Gmail:

Make at least one outbound call from Gmail.
    In Google Voice, navigate to Voice settings under the gear icon.
    In the Phones tab, click the check box next to Google Chat.

If you wish to edit the settings for this forwarding phone, click the Edit button. You can disable Gmail as a forwarding phone simply by unchecking the box next to Google Chat.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mvg1

After getting the forward to google chat button by making a fake call from chat, my lines are working.

Thanks everyone for your help.