News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to add 2nd Google Voice Service Provider to OBI 200?

Started by Buda, March 05, 2021, 02:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buda

I have an OBI200, setup for a while. I recall at one time I was able to have 2 google voice numbers assigned to this device.  I cannot seem to find the Obitalk configuration page to add my 2nd google voice number.

could someone point me to a good help page with detailed instructions or just write the instructions here in your response?  I looked in the help and faq's and clicked all around the OBItalk.com pages but nothing is catching my eye for this anymore..

Thanks
Dave

Arizona480

When viewing your dashboard:  https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

Are you able to click on one of your empty SP#'s (on the SP letters itself) that you want to use and get directed to a new page that has a blue "Set Up Now" for Google Voice button on it?

Barcomb

I did try the GV2 on SP3 before and it didnt work.  Even tried setting up GV1 on SP2 and GV2 on SP3 with nothing on SP1. No cigar on any of those either.

I do notice that my firmware version is showing as Build 5859EX.  I'm thinking there is a problem with that build as everything seemed to work fine on the Build 5757EX that I had previously.

For the last 2 days I have had only my GV2 line setup on SP1 since this is my more important line to be working.  I just re-added GV1 on SP2 and it did start out as "Registration Not Required" and after several minutes changed to "Connection to 64.9.241.108" (obviously Google's IP) but SP2 never moves to "Connected".  Actually, SP2-SP4 when defined never move to "Connected" even though SP1 always connects just fine regardless of whether I have GV1 or GV2 defined on SP1.