News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Area code blocking

Started by monstadriva, March 10, 2021, 04:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monstadriva

Hello. Let me start with I am an old fella and fairly savvy on most things tech but the digit map is just way over my head. Everything works fine with my OBI 200 and I've been googling relentlessly trying to understand how to block certain area codes from ringing through the OBI device. I've found lots of instructions but they are so far beyond my understanding . Last night I added this string, {(1+302xxxxxxx):},{ph}, into the voice services SP1 inbound call route entry , saved it and it worked fine.  The problem is beyond this I need to add a couple more area codes. I found this string in this forum , I don't have the knowledge or smarts to create it on my own. In old man's terms can someone help me with the process of adding more ? Do I just add a comma and keep adding a string for each are code on the inbound route line or must I transition over to the digit map to add more ? If so I'm lost when it comes to the digit map. So what would the string be for example if I had this {(1+302xxxxxxx):},{ph} and wanted to also block area code 201 , 228 315 etc. Do you somehow include them in the existing string or say {(1+302xxxxxxx):},{ph}, {(1+201xxxxxxx):},{ph} on the inboundcallroute line ? I will appreciate anyone who can help me out here. Thank you

drgeoff

First off. do NOT post the same question more than once.

Second. Your {(1+302xxxxxxx):},{ph} is very unlikely to have blocked anything as I'm not aware of any Internet Telephony Service Provider that would send a CallerID that would match.  Possibly you meant (+1302xxxxxxx) which is suitable for Google Voice.

If you have a modest number of area codes to block, yes you can include them all in the X_InboundCallRoute.

{(+1302x.|+1555x.|+1261x.):},{ph}

x. will match any number of digits, including no digits.

monstadriva

Sorry if it posted twice. I just registered yesterday and it wouldn't accept my first post , or at least I thought it didn't . Yes , your right . I got the + in the wrong spot. Let me give you a hearty thanks for your reply. I'm about to give this a try and see if she works for me. Will let you know. Thanks again

UPdate!  Worked perfect! I can't thank you enough for make it simple and providing the string for me. When area code 302 quits calling 20 times a day I can rotate in whatever new area code starts hounding us. You are a hero :)