News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need to change provider Obi 200

Started by polarfrog, March 12, 2021, 05:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarfrog

Good morning all!

Been using an Obi 200 for 6 years with PhonePower as provider.  I'm about to cancel that service and use GV directly.

I've been reading and watching YouTube and am left unsure of best way forward.

My ObiTalk dashboard is set up with a non Gmail account with PhonePower as 1st SP.

Can I just delete that provider and do the GV setup or should I change my email to the Gmail address and then set up the GV?

See, I'm not even sure of the right questions to ask! 

I will be grateful for any feedback or guidance!

Thanks,

Larry

drgeoff

Please use the "Remove" button in all but one of your identical posts.

polarfrog

I am SO sorry that happened!  I just kept getting, "this site is insecure", I would click to do it anyway and nothing would happen or show up.  This was happening in 3 different browsers.  I finally cleared all browser cache and then I found it had been posted multiple times! 

Well, THAT's embarrassing!  :-)

I've removed the duplicates!

Larry

polarfrog

I've been poking around and I see that in "Device Configuration" under "Service Provider Set-Up" OBi Phonepower is registered in SP1.  There is a settings gear and a trash bin next to it.

If I click the Trash Bin to clear OBi Phonepower does that reset SP1 and allow me to register Google Voice in SP 1 or do I need to do something in OBi Expert Configuration?

I've looked in Expert Configuration and see that there is a button in OBi Expert Configuration Menu, (first screen after entering Expert Configuration), titled, "Reset OBi Expert Config" and then if I click on "Enter OBi Expert", there is a button at the bottom of each page to, "Revert All to OBiTALK Settings".  I don't expect I should reset each individual page though.

Still hoping for some guidance!

Thanks,

Larry

drgeoff

No need to use Expert Mode.  Go back to your Dashboard and click in the line that has "OBi200" at the left side and the 9 digit number of your OBi. Click on the "OBi200".

If necessary select the "Device Information" tab.  Under "Service Provider Set-Up" you should several lines including those for SP1 through SP4.  Click the trashcan for the one that has PhonePower.

Above those four lines and to the right side is a blue button "Google Voice Set-Up".  Use that to start GV configuration.

polarfrog

Thank you drgeoff!

I was hoping I could do it that way!  But I had read that I should reset my Obi to factory, remove it from my account, create a new account with my gmail address and set the Obi back up......now, that will be only a last resort!

I really appreciate your response!

Larry

polarfrog

Google Voice ported in my number this morning.  I set it up in ObiTalk just as drgeoff posted.  It took about a minute and a half to complete.

Thanks again drgeoff!

Larry