News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Second Google Voice line on OBi202

Started by rjniles, March 13, 2021, 05:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjniles

I have an existing OBi202 set up with my wife's Google Voice line set up on SP1. It is arranged for outgoing and incoming calls on the phone 1 jack. Can I set up my Google Voice line on on SP2 and also have incoming calls on the same phone 1 jack and not have it set up with either phone jack for outgoing?

SteveInWA

Yes.  The Phone 1 or Phone 2 jacks can only have one SPx designated as primary for those jacks (after all, that's the definition of "primary").  If you set your wife's number (SP1) to be the primary SPx used for outgoing calls, then that, and only that SPx will be used if you simply pick up the phone and call a number.  If, OTOH, you wanted to place a call using SP2 (your GV number), you'd pick up the phone and prefix the number with **2.

Either or both Phone jacks can be set to ring on calls from any combination of SPs.  In your case, Phone 1 would ring on calls from SP1 and SP2.

I've included a screenshot below, of my (more complex, but you'll get the idea) jack configuration.

If it isn't already obvious, you are using your 202 as a 200 (only using one of the two Phone jacks).

rjniles

Thanks for the confirmation. I am aware I am not utilizing the second phone port but I have plans I may do so in the future. Also I got a good deal when I bought it, Slick Deal from Newegg at $60.00.