News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple Obi 2xx/Port 10000 and NAT Routers?????

Started by rec9140, March 18, 2021, 05:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rec9140

The whole **5 dance issue aside... /vent

What is the PROPER METHOD for setup of MULTIPLE OBi 2xx devices behind your standard NAT (Netgear/TPLink etc) routers.

I port forwarded 10000 to the single 202 I've got online right now, and did the **5 dance, got it setup... finally .../vent

Ok I need to setup some other 2xx for my specific needs...Its complicated that the ports and the way they ring for multiple GV #'s won't work for me...

YES, I ONLY USE GV. That is the only reason I got the Obis...

Does this port need to be open to make the updates for from the obitalk portal? If so how does that work with multiple devices in re port forwarding?? Or other issues??

None of the searches I done seem to either find the right post or outline this multiple obi2xx devices... And what about adding in obi 1|2xxx phones???  ? ?

Before I put the other other Obis on the the LAN and play the **5 ritual, I'd like to know I need to forward port 10000 to each device as I set them up, and then can close it? ?  or something else????

Comments, guidance???

Thanks in advance!

N7AS

Please do not post more than one post with the same question. Please delete your 4 other duplicate post.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

drgeoff

Quote from: rec9140 on March 18, 2021, 05:40:12 PM
The whole **5 dance issue aside... /vent

What is the PROPER METHOD for setup of MULTIPLE OBi 2xx devices behind your standard NAT (Netgear/TPLink etc) routers.

I port forwarded 10000 to the single 202 I've got online right now, and did the **5 dance, got it setup... finally .../vent

Ok I need to setup some other 2xx for my specific needs...Its complicated that the ports and the way they ring for multiple GV #'s won't work for me...

YES, I ONLY USE GV. That is the only reason I got the Obis...

Does this port need to be open to make the updates for from the obitalk portal? If so how does that work with multiple devices in re port forwarding?? Or other issues??

None of the searches I done seem to either find the right post or outline this multiple obi2xx devices... And what about adding in obi 1|2xxx phones???  ? ?

Before I put the other other Obis on the the LAN and play the **5 ritual, I'd like to know I need to forward port 10000 to each device as I set them up, and then can close it? ?  or something else????

Comments, guidance???

Thanks in advance!
You do not need to do anything special to have multiple OBis behind a typical home router. No port forwarding etc is required.