News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Spam calls through ObiTalk Service

Started by Shaggs, March 19, 2021, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggs

I am currently using google voice linked to Obihai 202.
I have been receiving a number of spam calls that are not coming through google voice, but
through Obi Talk Service. Either my Obihai or Google account was compromised.
The flaw in the Obihai setup is any call that doesn't match the trusted caller #'s rings phone lines 1 and 2 and calls like these shows up in my call history between 1-6.A.M

From PP1(ob65*36999)                                    
From PP1(ob65*48322157332)
From PP1(ob37*test100test test100test)                      Fork to:PH1 PH2         
(Comes up as PRIVATE CALLER   )
From PP1(ob37*13000)
From PP1(ob142*9005380)

The current Obitalk  setting (automated by Obihai setup) is
{(2908xxxxx|5104xxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(2908xxxxx|5104xxxxx):aa},{ph,ph2}
I changed it to {(2908xxxxx|5104xxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(2908xxxxx|5104xxxxx):aa},{@:SP1(2674365139)}, where {@:SP1(2674365139)} is attempting to forward these calls to 267 436-5139.
The configuration changes goes through and gives the configuration check mark on reboot. However, after an hour or so, the adapter resets back to the Obihai setting.
I have also tried to disable the Obitalk Service by un checking enable box,  but the adapter will not accept that change. Similarly, I tried deleting ph, ph2, leaving {}, but the adapter will not accept that change either.
How can I change {ph, ph2} and have these calls  ring to another number as above?
If not, how can I remove ph, ph2} , so these calls are not sent to phones 1 and 2?

Taoman

Are you making the changes via the OBi Expert settings on the OBiTALK dashboard? Because it sounds like you're making the edits in the local web interface via the local ip address. If so, that's why your changes aren't sticking.

You need to change the OBiTALK Service Settings InboundCallRoute to be {} using OBi Expert from the OBiTALK dashboard.

It's not your OBi device or your Google account that has been compromised. It is the OBiTALK service itself that has been compromised.

Shaggs

Quote from: Taoman on March 19, 2021, 11:44:31 PM
Are you making the changes via the OBi Expert settings on the OBiTALK dashboard? Because it sounds like you're making the edits in the local web interface via the local ip address. If so, that's why your changes aren't sticking.

You need to change the OBiTALK Service Settings InboundCallRoute to be {} using OBi Expert from the OBiTALK dashboard.

It's not your OBi device or your Google account that has been compromised. It is the OBiTALK service itself that has been compromised.
Thanks for the response and solution. I was making the changes through my local web interface.I agree its the obi talkservice that being used for the calls as my call history shows. I never shared my Obi device number. Its on google voice and my Obihai account. Thats why I suspect either one or both were "hacked"