News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Static heard on all Google Voice calls with OBi200 . . . but not OBi202

Started by martinsmithson, March 27, 2021, 02:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinsmithson

Hi all.

For several weeks I have been hearing intermittent static (pops, snaps and cracks) during my phone conversations associated with my OBi200 with latest firmware version OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.  I am also confident all settings are defaults.

The pops, snaps and cracks (on average) occur every 2 to 15 seconds . . . where during any call I typically hear a dozen or more every minute.  Interestingly, the person I am talking with does not hear any static.

I also have an OBi202, and all calls on it are static free.

Both OBi's are within a foot of one another, and I any electronics in the area have been in place and operating during the lives of both OBi's . . . where for better than 2 years, no static on the OBi200.

After reading drgeoff's reply . . .

Quote from: drgeoff on March 11, 2017, 11:27:10 AM

. . . I recorded a few minutes of conversation I had earlier today, and then listened to the recording with Audacity - and I could easily here the static (pops, cracks and snaps) during the call - and so I have attached a copy for analysis.

This static happens at all times of day or night - and local weather conditions have no impact (meaning no change in static).

Thanks in advance for your support and suggestions.

Marty