News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialling another OBi and Filter calls by time on incoming call from another OBi?

Started by Shplad, March 28, 2021, 02:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shplad

Hi:

I have an OBi202. I'm an ex-IT tech, but I have minimal knowledge of VoIP and how OBihai boxes work.

I have a friend who has an OBi 100-series ATA. I'd like him to be able to call me at no charge using the OBitalk network.

1. How do you dial another OBi user?

2. Is there a way to filter incoming calls via the OBitalk network by day/hour? My friend has a nasty habit of calling me whenever he's upset in the middle of the night.

drgeoff

Shplad

I didn't...intentionally. This website has issues. I kept getting some kind of mail server error, and it said it couldn't post my text. So I kept trying. It never actually gave me any message that it did post my text.

This is a well-known problem on this site. Apparently one that no one is going to fix.

drgeoff

Quote from: Shplad on March 28, 2021, 03:47:28 PM
I didn't...intentionally. This website has issues. I kept getting some kind of mail server error, and it said it couldn't post my text. So I kept trying. It never actually gave me any message that it did post my text.

This is a well-known problem on this site. Apparently one that no one is going to fix.
That is no excuse for not seeing that multiple posts have appeared and then not using the "Remove" button to delete all but one.

Shplad

Surely someone must know how to dial another OBi from an OBi?

Strangely, I can't find it in the documentation, or on the Web, after searching.

drgeoff

Quote from: Shplad on March 29, 2021, 07:27:54 AM

Strangely, I can't find it in the documentation, or on the Web, after searching.
I already answered that yesterday.  Now you see why multiple posts are a hindrance.

Shplad

drgeoff

Quote from: Shplad on March 29, 2021, 09:30:23 AM
Great. Where is that answer, I don't see it in my thread.
"My thread" singular is the problem.  You are not looking in the right one of your threads.  Or you need to visit an optician.

Shplad

Yes, I see the other thread now. Again, it was a minor mistake, partly due to problems with this website which don't get fixed.

Maybe chill out a little.

azrobert

You can use a free Callcentric IP Freedom account to filter calls by time. You would have to create a Callcentric account and register your OBi to it then define a bunch of Call Treatments on Callcentric.

https://www.callcentric.com/products/

SteveInWA

Quote from: Shplad on March 29, 2021, 07:27:54 AM

Rather than continue to punish you, the answer is:

Every OBiTALK device is factory-assigned a nine-digit OBi number.  It's printed on the bottom of the device, or it can be seen on the device's web-UI configuration page.

To call another OBiTALK device, key in **9 xxx xxx xxx, replacing the x's with the OBi number of the device you want to call.

SteveInWA

And, as far as not finding the answer in the documentation, it is explained on the folded piece of paper included in the box (the Quick Start Guide): 

https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/qsg/obi-202-qsg-enus.pdf

Shplad

Thanks everyone. I believe he only configured Google Talk when he first got his OBi.

Did my friend need to sign up to OBitalk manually or does that happen automatically?

drgeoff

Quote from: Shplad on April 05, 2021, 03:20:31 PM
Thanks everyone. I believe he only configured Google Talk when he first got his OBi.

Did my friend need to sign up to OBitalk manually or does that happen automatically?
Making and receiving calls using 9 digit Obitalk numbers works out of the box.