News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Speed Dial Entry removal

Started by tkc9789, October 30, 2011, 11:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkc9789

I wanted to redo my speed dial.  How do I erase the existing entries?  Tried to overwrite the existing by entering the new values from the handset via *74+entry number+phone number. But *75 now announces "value is not available".  Thanks for any help.

QBZappy

tkc9789,

It is easier and faster to do it from the Obi unit if you configure directly on the unit or the Portal if you mange the unit that way. Either way you get to see the entire list immediately making it easier to manage. Phone method is neat, none the less.

From the unit:
User Settings->Speed Dials
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

tkc9789

OK.  I'll give that a try.  Thank you.

tkc9789

The web portal did not work.  I had to turn off provisioning and do it from the phone directly connected to the OBi.  *76 removes the entries and *74 to input the entries.  Any idea why the web portal don't work?

RonR

From page 17 of the OBi Device Administration Guide:

Speed Dialing of 99 OBi Endpoints or Numbers

The OBi device supports Speed Dialing of 99 numbers. These numbers can be associated with phones reachable via an Internet or landline service or the OBiTALK network. Be careful with the Speed Dial Set-Up as this will conflict with the Speed Dials set-up on the OBiTALK portal. The Speed Dials that are set-up on the OBiTALK portal will always overwrite anything set-up via the phone connected to the OBi.

Another great reason for disabling Auto Provisioning in the OBi.

tkc9789

Quote from: RonR on October 31, 2011, 02:32:58 PM
From page 17 of the OBi Device Administration Guide:

Speed Dialing of 99 OBi Endpoints or Numbers

The OBi device supports Speed Dialing of 99 numbers. These numbers can be associated with phones reachable via an Internet or landline service or the OBiTALK network. Be careful with the Speed Dial Set-Up as this will conflict with the Speed Dials set-up on the OBiTALK portal. The Speed Dials that are set-up on the OBiTALK portal will always overwrite anything set-up via the phone connected to the OBi.

Another great reason for disabling Auto Provisioning in the OBi.

I read that too.... But I can't get the speed dial setup to work via OBiTalk portal. Any idea?