News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to purchase Premium Technical Support

Started by turbocycle, August 21, 2021, 08:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbocycle

Where do I go to purchase Premium Technical Support?

Under the  Support and Warranty Tab on Obi Talk portal, it shows:

Extended Warranty + Service
Start DateOct 2018
End DateOct 2019

I don't know why it says Expiring Soon when it expired 2 years ago?!?

Can someone tell me where I go to purchase the Premium Technical Support? 

Thanks!

drgeoff

You purchase for a device, not for your account. On your dashboard click on the OBi device and then on the Support and Warranty tab where there is a button to purchase on Amazon.

However that button is not present for OBi100 and OBi110 devices which are no longer supported.

turbocycle

Quote from: drgeoff on August 22, 2021, 01:37:00 AM
You purchase for a device, not for your account. On your dashboard click on the OBi device and then on the Support and Warranty tab where there is a button to purchase on Amazon.

However that button is not present for OBi100 and OBi110 devices which are no longer supported.

I have an OBi200.    I am at the Support and Warranty Tab, but there isn't a button to purchase.
As I recall, if the warranty is "Expired", the button will appear, but mine says "Expiring Soon".

Is there a URL to purchase the support?

drgeoff

What problem do you have that you think can only be solved by Obihai Tech Support?

turbocycle

Quote from: drgeoff on August 23, 2021, 03:57:00 PM
What problem do you have that you think can only be solved by Obihai Tech Support?
Obi Notify requires Premium Support as I understand.

Taoman

Quote from: turbocycle on August 23, 2021, 12:38:43 PM

Is there a URL to purchase the support?

Apparently not. I tried it on 3 different OBi devices using 3 different browsers. When I would click on the Buy on Amazon button to purchase the support it took me to a second page with an Amazon Pay button that was greyed out. When I tried anyway I received the message "Amazon Pay is currently not available on this site. Try another payment option."

Well there is no other payment option. I then did a search on Amazon but could find nothing about Obihai support. Extended support appears to no longer be available.