News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant Config and bandwith/quality

Started by kdjose, October 31, 2011, 09:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdjose

I am about to purchase the OBi110, and want to verify a couple of capabilities.  I am about to move to a rural area that has excellent 4G broadband reception, which seems to be our best Internet option.  I would like to use your device with Google Voice connected to 4G.  Is there any reason why this connection would be any different than a hard wired connection? 

Secondly, I would like to configure the Auto attendant to press 1 to ring the house phone (an analog device), or press 2,3,4,5,6 to reach X family member (forward to their cell).  It would be really nice if there was a secondary AA so that the message could say 1 to ring house phone, or 2 to ring family members directly, then on the secondary AA 1 for Gomez, 2 for Mrs. Addams, 3 for Cousin It, etc. (it is Halloween afterall).  Is this possible?

Thanks for the help!

kdjose

RonR

I don't have any experience with 4G but I would assume it would be satisfactory if it is a reliable connection.

Regarding the Auto Attendant, pressing 1 unconditionally reaches the OBi PHONE Port.  In order for callers to reach other family members without knowing their cell phone numbers, you could set up Speed Dials 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.  The caller would have to press 2 to place another call and then dial the Speed Dial number followed by a #.

QBZappy

kdjose,

Quote from: kdjose on October 31, 2011, 09:25:56 AM
Secondly, I would like to configure the Auto attendant to press 1 to ring the house phone (an analog device), or press 2,3,4,5,6 to reach X family member (forward to their cell).  It would be really nice if there was a secondary AA so that the message could say 1 to ring house phone, or 2 to ring family members directly, then on the secondary AA 1 for Gomez, 2 for Mrs. Addams, 3 for Cousin It, etc. (it is Halloween afterall).  Is this possible?

This post describes in more detail what you might want to setup. It also details how to setup a personal IVR on the OBi.

Re: 99 Virtual extensions availavle via the OBi (possible since v 1.30)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1734.msg11140#msg11140
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

kdjose

Excellent!  Thanks for the assistance!

kdjose