News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk E-Mail Alerts

Started by jasonacg, April 23, 2021, 08:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonacg

In the past 24 hours, I've received several E-Mail alerts that my OBI200 is offline. When I go to the web portal, the device also shows up as offline there. However, the unit is still making and receiving calls without an issue. Is there an issue on the Obitalk servers? There have been no changes within my own network.

Thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: jasonacg on April 23, 2021, 08:12:14 AM
In the past 24 hours, I've received several E-Mail alerts that my OBI200 is offline. When I go to the web portal, the device also shows up as offline there. However, the unit is still making and receiving calls without an issue. Is there an issue on the Obitalk servers? There have been no changes within my own network.

Thanks.

The whole of obitalk.com appears to be a dead man walking.  More and more parts of it have become flakey or non-functional over the last few years.

windchyme

Quote from: jasonacg on April 23, 2021, 08:12:14 AM

Thanks.

Me too, was just checking into the weirdness.

Greek_God

Same here. Problem started at the end of last week. My OBi200 is working fine, but the Obitalk website has been showing it as offline.

Marc4866

Yes.... I'm in the club too...starting about 2 weeks ago.....

And I thought I knew most of the Setup pages in the OBI 202 interface, but tried to locate an "ALERT USER By E-Mail" tab
and happened to check the STATUS Page Tab and all the System Status through Phone Status Tabs show the following" Device is not Online"... which is of course incorrect.

Frankly, with the lack of overall information from POLY and OBI, I'm surprised these Forum pages are still up!

drgeoff

Quote from: Marc4866 on April 27, 2021, 11:04:29 AM
Frankly, with the lack of overall information from POLY and OBI, I'm surprised these Forum pages are still up!
Please do not tempt fate.

smallmeter

Same issue here.

There's nothing else that can do what the obitalk devices can do.  But the firmware hasn't been updated in 2 years, which is disturbing.  And the lack of support is also disturbing.  I guess I'm going to have to switch to something else ;-(

smallmeter

I just looked and the problem appears to be fixed.  My device is registered without issue.  Thanks to whoever fixed it.

Quote from: smallmeter on April 27, 2021, 05:12:41 PM
Same issue here.

There's nothing else that can do what the obitalk devices can do.  But the firmware hasn't been updated in 2 years, which is disturbing.  And the lack of support is also disturbing.  I guess I'm going to have to switch to something else ;-(