News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 keep resetting to factory defaults

Started by adoubleu, October 31, 2011, 02:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adoubleu

Hello -
I recently got an OBi100 and fairly easily got it up and running with Google Voice.  However, I have run into a problem where it periodically will reset to the factory defaults and I have to go back and set it up again.  This happens regularly - ever day or so. 
It is running firmware 1.3.0 (Build: 2586)
Any ideas?
Thanks.

RonR

Does it also occur if you set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

If so, you might have a defective OBi.

adoubleu

Thank You.  I have made those changes and will update this post as to whether the problem continues.

adoubleu

Well, making those provisioning changes seems to have done the trick.  I have not had the problem since.  Are there any drawbacks to keeping those settings disabled?  Everything seems to be working, so I am happy.  Thank you so much!
Best.

ShermanObi

The main drawbacks to disabling provisioning are the following:
1.  You will not be able to use the www.obitalk.com web portal to:
     - Add & Configure devices
     - Add services using the OBiTALK confg. helpers
     - Input speed dials that get distributed to all your devices and soft phone
     - Set up your Circle of Trust so your invited family and friends with OBiTALK accounts can share services amongst your OBi devices and soft phones.
     - Set up Trusted Callers such that when your OBi is called by a trusted caller the OBi attendant answers and can direct them to make a new call.
2.  You will not be able to use the OBi Expert Pages to manage the configuration of your device(s) from anywhere you can log-in to OBiTALK.
3.  There are some projects coming up in the future that allow you to run apps developed by Obhai and third parties which leverage the OBiTALK provisioning connection.
4.  Easily retrieve your configuration (minus passwords) in case you ever need to reset your device.

If you think you may need any of the above items, it is easy to re-enable OBiTALK provisioning and then use OBiTALK to add your device(s), set-up VoIP accounts and start making calls.

Just do this:
1.  Factory reset your OBi device(s) by dialing ***8 - chose 1 and hang-up.
2.  Get an OBiTALK account by registering at www.obitalk.com
3.  Add your OBi device(s) - You will be automatically prompted to do this.
4.  Press the Set-up Google Voice button on the Device Configuration page.
5.  Add your Google Voice account information and press submit.