News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Google Voice to Xlink BTTN Inbound Caller ID?

Started by mattB, November 01, 2011, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattB

Hello all,  Newb here.
I did a search of the forums for my question, but was unable to find anything specific related to it.

I have a brand new Obi110 with SP1 tied to my new Google Voice account.

I tested with a single handse... in and outbound calling work.

I have now tied my Obi110 Phone OUT to my Xlink BTTN Line IN... and my Xlink BTTN Phone OUT to the main phone trunk of my house.

Now when I make a call.. the xlink defaults to my OBI Google voice line out.  GREAT!
I can also choose to dial out on any of my Cell phones tied to the Xlink via Bluetooth by choosing what line to dial out via my handset/s.

In bound calls to my Cell phones ring all the house phones.. Good..
In bound calls to my Obi/Google Voice number also ring all the house phones... Good.

My only issue is inbound Caller ID information on the Obi/Google Voice line.   The Obi passes the call to my Xlink, and the Xlink displays "Inbound Call" or something very similar.  No number is displayed.

I am under the impression that I should not expect Google Voice to pass any Caller ID name information.  (it appears to be  a lookup service that is typically charged for by other phone providers.. and Google does not provide it.)

But.. should I expect a number to be passed to the xlink.. and then on to my handsets from any google inbound calls?

Any detailed help on what to tweak/try would be appricated.   

This is really neat stuff BTW...

Thanks,

Matt

Purplelaser

Try reversing the order of your equipment : Xlink to Obi 110 line port ---- Obi 110 phone port to phones. Set the Gvoice as primary line to dial out and use **8 plus the number to dial out on Xlink. Xlink software also has a matching name entry for known incomming cell calls. You could even add a third pstn connection to the Xlink input such as Ooma or Nettalk. I use all of these services and sometimes the Xlink blocks the number ID on its PSTN (POTS) input from showing on its output. If you have more than one cell phone connected by bluetooth to the Xlink , you should dial ## first to change from Obi dial tone to Xlink dial tone and then dial *1 or *2 or *3 to dial out on the appropriate corresponding cell phone. You can even use the Xlink software advanced mode to place a unique dial tone on each cell phone line!

CaptainSteubing

Hopefully I can offer some insight.. I have a similar set up (except with the GigasetOne [Same Device, different name]).. Here's what I did (pretty much what Purplelaser suggests).

Cellphone <----> GigasetOne <----> Obi 110 Line Port <----> Obi SP1 <----> Asterisk

While I'm not using the feature codes to select the different lines, I use Asterisk to do the routing.

When I get an incoming call through the GigasetOne, it's passed to the Obi 110 who then passes it to the Asterisk box. With this set up the CID is preserved, and with the option enabled, it set's the name portion to "GigasetOne".