News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTALK device service alert - Status Offline - But calling OK

Started by BGood, April 24, 2021, 09:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGood

I have an Obi 202 configured with Anveo (SP1) and GV (SP2).  Last night (4/23/21) I received 3 "Device Offline" service alert emails from obitalk.com with the following content:

Your OBi device went offline. This could be due to an Internet service disruption, electrical outage.
In most cases, the OBi device's connection can be restored by troubleshooting.

Check out the OBiTALK Self-Help Guide for assistance troubleshooting your OBi device.

Logging into the Obitalk portal, the dashboard showed the device status as offline (see image below), so I cycled power on the Obi202 and router, but the dashboard still shows offline.

Normally when I have an ISP (Comcast) disruption, Anveo will send out "SIP Disconnect" and "SIP Reconnect" email notifications, but I did not get either of these last night. I also made an hour long call an Obi Speed Dial number and both the connection and speed dial worked normally.

Based on this information, I assume the Obi 202 is functional but am concerned about the interface between the Obi 202 and Obitalk server.

Any suggestions?

BGood

Thanks for the reference, drgeoff.  FYI - I reported this to obi.support@poly.com this morning to try and get some resolution.

Marc4866

I took a chance and sent a service request onto POLY, and they answered within 24 hours! Unfortunately they have not acknowledged the issue as of yet, but I have responded back that I already checked their steps, plus they have many other users reporting this same problem in there forums. Not an isolated issue.

I'll let you all know if they respond....

Thank you for contacting Poly Customer Care.

We apologize for the annoyance that this might have caused you, as per our understanding you are getting the error " device has gone OFFLINE ".

In order to assist you we have check the Obi device and number and everything is working fine, we are sending few troubleshooting steps to help you :

1- Make sure to recheck all (physical) connections. 
2- Make sure to connect the Ethernet cable to the blue INTERNET port on the OBi device and direct to router. 
3- No switch, nor extender, nor hub connected. If needed, restart router (and modem),
4- The OBi200 ATA Device and make sure there is dial tone, then dial **9 222 222 222 Echo Test and ensure echo test is successful.

If you need any further assistance then please feel free to reply us back.

BGood

Thanks for your post Marc4866.

I also received a response from Obi Support yesterday (4/28) which included the excerpt you posted as well as some more involved steps. Because my Obi202 is installed near the center of the house through an unmanaged 10/100 switch, it would be a major project to relocate it and the adjacent DECT wireless phone base to allow direct connection to the router.  So did not do anything, worried that the suggested diagnostic steps for the client-server issue could break the ATA's otherwise functional voice services.

Bottom line, this morning (4/29) when I checked the Obitalk dashboard, the Obi202 is no longer shown as  'Offline', but instead shows SP1 (Anveo) as 'Registered' and SP2 (GV) as 'Connected'. 

I have not initiated or received any voice calls yet this morning, but if there are any ongoing issues I will follow-up with future posts to this thread.  Thanks to forum members and Poly support for the help.

BGood

To close this issue out, the Obitalk dashboard has been showing my Obi202 status as online with SP1/SP2 (Anveo/GV) as Registered/Connected for four days now, and calling in/out has been working just fine.  I had several contacts from Poly support but did not make any changes on my end (due to fear of breaking something that was working) so I assume the issue was server-side and is now resolved.  The final support email was:

QuoteThank you for contacting Poly Customer Care. Greetings for the day. We are glad to inform that issue has been resolved. You can try call in/out. The case number for your reference is ########. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.