News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 and google voice

Started by Needhelp, October 25, 2011, 08:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needhelp

We set up our obi100 with google voice and call waiting is not working and conference also.  How do we set it up? Tia

RonR

They should be enabled by default:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> ConferenceCallEnable : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> CallWaitingEnable : (checked)

Dale

I am wondering if GV can support call waiting....  the service thinks it is sending the call to google talk - do they send any signal that a second call is incoming?  If not there is nothing for the Obi to act upon...

We also just had a GV call in progress and a second call went straight to GV Voice mail.
The setting suggested by RonR are enabled.

Dale

the thread at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=149.msg2545#msg2545

suggests CW can work with GV... but we now have much newer firmware and I dont think it works...

RonR

I just tested Call Waiting with a Google Voice number.

My Google Voice number definitely supports two simultaneous incoming calls.  The second incoming call causes the OBi to signal Call Waiting.  I can place the first call on hold and answer the second using the flash button.  Subsequent depressions of the flash button switches me between the two calls.

Dale

thanks, I'll need to do some more testing then...
is the callwaiting signal an audible signal you hear on the phone?

RonR

Quote from: Dale on October 26, 2011, 11:54:47 AM
is the callwaiting signal an audible signal you hear on the phone?

Yes.

Needhelp

Thanks a lot..going to try and set it up now

Needhelp

Where do I find physical interface?!

RonR

Needhelp,

You can configure the OBi using the OBiTALK Web Portal:

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

OR

directly by logging into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

Once you log into the OBi, you wll find a navigation tree on the left side.  After making any changes, you must press the Submit button at the bottom of the page before leaving that page.  Once you made all desired changes, you must press the Reboot button in the upper right corner for your changes to take effect.

If you elect to make changes directly, you must disable Auto Provisioning:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method: Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method: Disabled

I find the OBiTALK Web Portal takes considerably more time and effort to use compared to direct access.  I use direct access exclusively.

Needhelp

How do you log directly using the ip??! I.e. Through which site? Thanks a lot for all ur help

RonR

Quote from: Needhelp on October 27, 2011, 07:46:10 PM
How do you log directly using the ip??! I.e. Through which site? Thanks a lot for all ur help

When you dial ***1, the OBi will report its local (LAN) IP address.  You place that IP address in your web browser's address line as if it was a web site name and hit return.  The login username/passeword is admin/admin.

Needhelp

Thank you so much..wow..that was really helpful!!! :)

Needhelp

Hmmm both conference and call waiting are enabled but don't seem to b working :(

Needhelp

We got it....thank you so much! It works...mission accomplished!

RonR

mvg1

Needhelp - How were you able to fix the issue?

I am also having the same problem - unable to dial conference call nos and call waiting not working and able to hear the vm recording on my cell ohone when i am on a call.

Thanks in advance.