News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto attendant and call forward

Started by Kempo311, May 12, 2021, 09:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kempo311

Hi all.

I'm new to this so please bear with me.

I have a Obi2182 handset. I got it working with Google Voice without any issues.

The only thing I want to do at this point is get the person calling to press 1 to talk to somebody. Then have the call ring to the handset and my Iphone at the same time? Can anybody point me in the right direction?

jccpa

Congrats on the new 2182. We have several and are very pleased with the quality and value.

Our setup does just about what you're asking, but with GV

Setup call screening on GV (voice.google.com) and then call forwarding to both your OBi2182 (should already be listed there after setting up on Obi) and your cell phone.

Callers will be greeted and asked to state their name (or whatever custom greeting you set) and then it will ring your 2182 and cell phone. It can support up to 6 devices

When you answer the call it will say "Call from" + whatever the caller said + Press 1 to answer...

You press 1 to answer, 2 to send to voicemail (you can listen in and either hit 1 to jump into the call or hang up to leave it in voicemail) VM is sent to gmail

packerman

Thank for your reply. I would prefer that a caller press 1 to move forward in the call instead of stating name. Is this a possibility? I'd also rather Obitalk forward the call itself instead of Google.

drgeoff

Use Expert mode on your dashboard to make two changes:

1.  Change the InboundCallRoute of whatever SP you are using for GV from the default ph to aa

2.  Change the OutboundCallRoute of the AutoAttendant. Modify the {0:ph} part to {0:ph,spx(cell_number)} where spx is the GV SP and cell_number is your cellphone number

BTW "bare with me" does not mean what you think it does. :)

Kempo311

Quote from: drgeoff on May 12, 2021, 02:57:26 PM
Use Expert mode on your dashboard to make two changes:

1.  Change the InboundCallRoute of whatever SP you are using for GV from the default ph to aa

2.  Change the OutboundCallRoute of the AutoAttendant. Modify the {0:ph} part to {0:ph,spx(cell_number)} where spx is the GV SP and cell_number is your cellphone number

BTW "bare with me" does not mean what you think it does. :)

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I figured out what I want to do.

1. I would like the autoattendent to pick up first.
2. Then after the caller presses 1 it dials the handset and the Iphone at the same time.
3. If nobody picks up it will go to Google Voicemail.

When I followed your instructions it would ring twice then there would be a 10 second pause. Then auto attendant said thank you and it rang the Obi handset. Didn't get the actual prompt to press 1. Is there something else I need to do? Also is it possible to recording a greeting?

You're right I used the wrong bear.

drgeoff

If the OBi's Auto Attendant picks up the call then as far as Google Voice is concerned it has been answered and GV voicemail will not take effect.

Changing to a blank entry for NumberOnNoInput (AA page) will make the AA drop the call if the caller does nothing.

The AA messages can be customised.  See pages 35-36 of the OBiPhone Admin Guide.

Kempo311

Quote from: drgeoff on May 14, 2021, 08:17:13 AM
If the OBi's Auto Attendant picks up the call then as far as Google Voice is concerned it has been answered and GV voicemail will not take effect.

Changing to a blank entry for NumberOnNoInput (AA page) will make the AA drop the call if the caller does nothing.

The AA messages can be customised.  See pages 35-36 of the OBiPhone Admin Guide.

I dialed *** as instructed. I entered 1001 as instructed then entered #. It keeps reading off the default menu options. Am I doing something wrong?

azrobert

You're missing the 0 after ***

Record a custom prompt:
Dial the following:
1001#                  This will save the recording to %User1%.
1                           This is for a new value for the recording
1                           Any digit will start the recording
Say your custom message
#                          Will end the recording. Leave a couple of seconds
                            of silence at beginning and end.
1                           Confirm the recording and save

If you want the custom greeting to play and then repeat 2 more times:
Menu: %User1%

If you want the custom greeting to only play once:
Welcome: %User1%

All Other Prompts set to: &pause()
&pause() is the equivalent of deleting the prompt.

When a caller is routed to the AA, they have access to your OBi, including making a new call.
The following will prevent this.
DigitMap: (0)

OutboundCallRoute: {0:ph,spx(cell_number)}
Remove all other code.

To eliminate delay:
AnswerDelay: 0

When you use GV or any other provider to call your iPhone, you will not see the original CallerID. You need to install a softphone to get the CallerID.

Kempo311

So I guess I'm all over the place and should clarify what I'm looking to do.

I currently have 8x8.

When somebody calls it rings a Polycom desk phone and my Iphone. I answer from the app on the phone and the desk phone.

When somebody calls the number they get a prompt to press 1 to speak to somebody from a prerecorded message I made. Then it rings to those devices.

I would also like to get the voicemail through Google Voice if possible if neither desk phone or Iphone picked up the call.

Right now I'm just testing getting this setup on another Google Voice number. Does anybody have any guidance or suggestions?

drgeoff

Quote from: Kempo311 on May 15, 2021, 12:10:07 AM
So I guess I'm all over the place and should clarify what I'm looking to do.

I currently have 8x8.

When somebody calls it rings a Polycom desk phone and my Iphone. I answer from the app on the phone and the desk phone.

When somebody calls the number they get a prompt to press 1 to speak to somebody from a prerecorded message I made. Then it rings to those devices.

I would also like to get the voicemail through Google Voice if possible if neither desk phone or Iphone picked up the call.

Right now I'm just testing getting this setup on another Google Voice number. Does anybody have any guidance or suggestions?
If your 8x8 account allows you to make sufficient outbound calls while the inbound one is in progress or if you have other VoIP service(s) then you could try adding a GV number in addition to the cellphone number.

AA OutboundCallRoute: {0:ph,spx(cell_number),spy(GV_number)}

and to delay the call to the GV number by t seconds

OutboundCallRoute: {0:ph,spx(cell_number),spy(GV_number;d=t)}

But you would need to be careful with what endpoints that GV number will forward to.

I have not tested any of this.