News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

UK callers not greeted by Auto Attendant

Started by nssss, November 03, 2011, 12:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nssss

I signed up for free Manchester, UK DID# (using UKDDI.com service). And it is being pointed to SP2 of Obi100 unit (physically located in US) . Its SP2 is configured as username@atlanta.voip.ms   All the UK originating callers are listed in the Trusted Caller list. I tried to setup the Trusted Caller list with their full and/or partial callerid along with "Match" box is checked/unchecked. It rings the phone attached to the Obi100 unit and calls can be answered/completed successfully. But unfortunately none of UK callers in the Trusted List is being greeted by the  Auto Attendant for some reason. I want them to be greeted by the Auto Attendant, so they can make the call out anywhere in US by pressing 2. All the US callers in the Trusted List are greeted by Auto Attendant, so there is no problem with the US callers. Is there any setting I have to modify to make it work?
Please help me this issue ASAP.
I appreciate your help. Thanks.

RonR

Set:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(Mcot):aa},{ph}

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX
Label: cot
DigitMap: (CallerID|CallerID|CallerID|CallerID)

Replace 'CallerID' above with the actual CallerID's you wish to access the Auto Attendant, making sure they're exactly as shown in the Call History when that person calls you.

nssss

How come I can't edit or add any settings in the fields you have mentioned?

RonR

Quote from: nssss on November 04, 2011, 12:20:31 AM
How come I can't edit or add any settings in the fields you have mentioned?

Assuming that you're logging into the OBi directly...

You have to uncheck the Default box to the right of any value field you wish to change.

You must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

nssss

I am new to this kind of stuff. I am logging into obitalk.com portal to change the settings. Do you consider it logging in directly? If not, how can I log in directly? Please provide the detailed instruction.
Thanks.

RonR

I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal.  If you wish to, you can find instructions here:

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

I find it much easier and quicker to configure the OBi by logging into it directly using the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  The username/password is admin/admin unless it was changed on the OBiTALK Web Portal.

If you intend to make changes to the OBi directly, you must first disable Auto Provisioning or any changes you make will be overwritten by the settings on the OBiTALK Web Portal:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Remember to click submit at the botom of any page you have made changes to before leaving that page.

When all desired changes have been made, click Reboot in the upper right corner to make the changes effective.