News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Growing small business - Alternatives to Obihai?

Started by zhangster, May 17, 2021, 03:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zhangster

I run a small business. We've grown to 4 employees and 7 Obihai 1032 phones.  We use CallCentric as the primary service provider.

My biggest complaint with the Obihai platform is that calls & transfers between extensions are highly un-reliable, especially between my home-office and the office lines. 

We're in the process of opening a second office in another city and I'd like to switch to a system that offers more reliable calls between extensions and accommodates future growth.  Appreciate any recommendations.

azrobert

How are you transferring calls? Is it between OBi extensions or Callcentric extensions?

zhangster

Quote from: azrobert on May 17, 2021, 07:41:14 PM
How are you transferring calls? Is it between OBi extensions or Callcentric extensions?

OBI extensions. Did not occur to me there were other options.

azrobert

You probably already know this, but the main CC account 1777xxxxxxx defaults to extension 100. 1777xxxxxxx101 will be extension 101. You can keep your current extension numbers by defining speed dials.

Assuming CC is defined on SP1.
For extension 30:
Speed Dial 30: sp1(100)

For extension 31:
Speed Dial 31: sp1(101)

zhangster

Thank you Robert. I'm using the CC extension speed dials and there's a big improvement in call quality. But call transfers between extensions no longer work. After I hit "Transfer Now" the original call remains on hold. Any idea how to make it work?

zhangster

I think I figured out why my call transfers aren't working with CC extensions. It's an SP-level configuration. According to CC tech support, I need to turn on IVR in order to transfer calls between CC extensions.

Quote from: zhangster on May 19, 2021, 03:20:56 PM
Thank you Robert. I'm using the CC extension speed dials and there's a big improvement in call quality. But call transfers between extensions no longer work. After I hit "Transfer Now" the original call remains on hold. Any idea how to make it work?