News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Landline replacement - Anveo or OneSuite?

Started by FlintstoneGummy, April 02, 2021, 08:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlintstoneGummy

Hi all,

First of all, huge thanks to this forum for helping me cut my telephony costs by 95%+  ;D

I am helping my in-laws do some upgrades. They have a landline number that they very much want to keep because of:

• Sentimental reasons
  • Fear of losing phone service in case of electrical or Internet outages
  • Fear of not having 911

For these reasons, they are paying... $110 a month to Verizon for a landline service they do not use (because they use their cell phones).

I think I have managed to assuage them on the above (got UPS units for the house, found that VOIP providers now do E911, etc., etc.)

Here my question: between Anveo and OneSuite, do you have any opinions on which service provider is better? Think of it as a place to just park the number, don't anticipate it being use much (if at all), and have reliable access to 911.

Would obviously pipe into Obi devices (probably a 2182 + a few 200s).

contact5

You can't subscribe to Anveo from ObiTalk portal anymore and no one cares. See this:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17839.0

drgeoff

Callcentric and Voip.ms are among other ITSPs that usually get favourable mentions here.

rjniles

If you port their landline to a any VOIP service a power or internet outage will leave them with no service.

Why are they paying $110 a month?  Basic Verizon land lines are not nearly that expensive. They even offer measured rate lines.

Taoman

Quote from: drgeoff on April 02, 2021, 09:53:18 AM
Callcentric and Voip.ms are among other ITSPs that usually get favourable mentions here.
^^This.

OneSuite doesn't have E911 and is overpriced. As mentioned, Anveo for OBiTALK is no longer available.

FlintstoneGummy

Quote from: rjniles on April 02, 2021, 10:38:02 AM
Why are they paying $110 a month?  Basic Verizon land lines are not nearly that expensive. They even offer measured rate lines.

They live in a rural area so they get hit with a rural extortion fee adjustment - plus they live in such an area that applies a very liberal interpretation of long distance calls. However, the copper wiring where they are is also failing so landlines are stackity to the point of unusable and usually go down every time there's a thunderstorm. Their Internet is more reliable than their landline.

Swain154

Quote from: FlintstoneGummy on April 02, 2021, 08:22:25 AM
Hi all,

First of all, huge thanks to this forum for helping me cut my telephony costs by 95%+  ;D

I am helping my in-laws do some upgrades. They have a landline number that they very much want to keep because of:

• Sentimental reasons
  • Fear of losing phone service in case of electrical or Internet outages PrepaidCardStatus
  • Fear of not having 911

Long calls over both mobile and landlines, unlimited messages, and with your Google Voice account, or you can go with Anveo or OneSuite.

For these reasons, they are paying... $110 a month to Verizon for a landline service they do not use (because they use their cell phones).

I think I have managed to assuage them on the above (got UPS units for the house, found that VOIP providers now do E911, etc., etc.)

Here my question: between Anveo and OneSuite, do you have any opinions on which service provider is better? Think of it as a place to just park the number, don't anticipate it being use much (if at all), and have reliable access to 911.

Swain154

Quote from: FlintstoneGummy on April 02, 2021, 08:22:25 AM
Hi all,

• Sentimental reasons
  • Fear of losing phone service in case of electrical or Internet outages PrepaidCardStatus
  • Fear of not having 911

Long calls over both mobile and landlines, unlimited messages, and with your Google Voice account, or you can go with Anveo or OneSuite.

vtsnaab

+++For this recommendation:
Quote from: drgeoff on April 02, 2021, 09:53:18 AM

Exactly what Drgeoff said & I only add that Voip.ms is the best VOIP I've used aside of the Obi boxes.