News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

token error

Started by chiptape, June 09, 2021, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonwalker

Seems to have been resolved. Got an email saying it’s reconnected. Outgoing calls work again. Incoming working too.

Mddd

The nice thing with GV besides being free.......can have backup options like app and forwarding to cell phone.
And with the tip from here, I got another backup with callcentric account.
Appreciate the efforts and that  it has been reported.

nskmda

Quote from: Moonwalker on June 12, 2021, 01:02:16 PM
Seems to have been resolved.

Umm... I don't see no 'yellow triangles'... Still don't have outbound calls.
Same 'Registration not required'.

I'm OBi200. How do I make sure my firmware is upgraded?

JamesDalton

Still not working for me either.  When changing device parameters Configuration churns for quite a while but then still gives token error.  Hopefully fix is in process or rolling out.

DanGV

Negative on it being resolved (for me). Dashboard still showing:
Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden;Token Error
for 2 of my 3 GV lines. But they have been showing connected and then not periodically.

Moonwalker

Have any of you tried refreshing your Google credentials? Delete the settings and sign in again?

That didn't work for me until just about an hour or two ago. I refreshed the credentials, then sometime afterward I got the email and it's now working again still. Not sure if that's the difference for me but it could be. It could also be that whatever fix was done may take time to fully propagate to all servers. If they actually fixed it that is.

GoogleObiONe

I have the Home Base & the Obi 202,

Same issue.
Rebooted modem today as well...

NOte: (the 202 will not work if the homebase is not working, although it should, since it plugged directly into an extension router.)

6/12-- update 1: ON Homebase, attempted .. endless saying: Google Voice.   Configuring, now says "Connecting to 0.0.0.0" again..
honestly, i do not remember how to get into what fire-ware we have... (as the website isn't very helpful)...

update 2:(yesterday phone stopped working, today deleted & re-added google, still didn't work... now 7p tried again and got his additional error.)

update 3: 6/13-- my 202 (2ndary port is trying to connect to "216.239.36.145" .
Connecting to 216.239.36.145;Token Error
while my HOmebase is still 0.0.0.0...
Do not recogized this IEP address, is this an OBI one????

Hoeveer

If this is related to Google pulling the plug on Hangouts, then we're screwed...

JamesDalton

Tried deleting device and recreating GV connection but no luck.  Still "Registration Not Required" whatever this means. 

Mddd

Have refreshed credentials, yesterday and today. Sometimes it worked for a very short time. Other times not at all.

Quote from: Moonwalker on June 12, 2021, 02:21:28 PM
Have any of you tried refreshing your Google credentials? Delete the settings and sign in again?

That didn't work for me until just about an hour or two ago. I refreshed the credentials, then sometime afterward I got the email and it's now working again still. Not sure if that's the difference for me but it could be. It could also be that whatever fix was done may take time to fully propagate to all servers. If they actually fixed it that is.

Moonwalker

Quote from: Mddd on June 12, 2021, 03:02:43 PM
Have refreshed credentials, yesterday and today. Sometimes it worked for a very short time. Other times not at all.

Quote from: Moonwalker on June 12, 2021, 02:21:28 PM

That didn’t work for me until just about an hour or two ago. I refreshed the credentials, then sometime afterward I got the email and it’s now working again still. Not sure if that’s the difference for me but it could be. It could also be that whatever fix was done may take time to fully propagate to all servers. If they actually fixed it that is.

Yeah unfortunately mine is back to throwing the error again. I did say it “seemed” to be fixed, but what seems to be and what is is often not the same thing, Guess we’ll just have to wait until Google and Poly figure it out. In the meantime I recall when hardline phones sometimes went dead for days. At least we have alternate workarounds now. Back then your only choice was to get in your car and drive to whomever you wanted to talk with. Or just wait.

MSRobi

There is nothing you can do, the problem is not with your device, it isn't with refreshing google credentials, etc.  It is out of our control.

I've been up and down all day, and the easiest way for me to tell is the green lights on my Obi202 where the phone lines are plugged in.  If they are green, I'm working.  If not, I'm not working and get "registration not required" or "token error" on my dashboard.

Fortunately GVoice is not affected, so I can use voice.google.com with my headset and make/receive calls.  I also linked my cell phone to my GVoice account a long time ago, but usually don't forward to it because forwarding to OBi202 has been bulletproof until today.  Now I have my GVoice number forwarding to my cell phone.

If things get really bad, I'll look into CallCentric.

Moonwalker

Quote from: Hoeveer on June 12, 2021, 02:38:30 PM
If this is related to Google pulling the plug on Hangouts, then we're screwed...

I has nothing to do with hangouts. Hangouts and Voice have been disconnected from each other for a long time in anticipation of Chat, which isn't intended for calling or messaging phones at all. Voice has been designed for that from its inception. Google integrated Voice with Hangouts in the hopes of creating a one size fits all solution to communications. Technology and regulation changes killed that dream.

This is nothing more than a glitch in the authorization systems wherein Poly and Google auth systems aren't playing well together. More than likely because of something Google changed. It's happened before with other apps that couldn't, or just didn't, keep up with Google's changes.

Moonwalker

Quote from: MSRobi on June 12, 2021, 03:45:48 PM
There is nothing you can do, the problem is not with your device, it isn't with refreshing google credentials, etc.  It is out of our control.

I've been up and down all day, and the easiest way for me to tell is the green lights on my Obi202 where the phone lines are plugged in.  If they are green, I'm working.  If not, I'm not working and get "registration not required" or "token error" on my dashboard.

Fortunately GVoice is not affected, so I can use voice.google.com with my headset and make/receive calls.  I also linked my cell phone to my GVoice account a long time ago, but usually don't forward to it because forwarding to OBi202 has been bulletproof until today.  Now I have my GVoice number forwarding to my cell phone.

If things get really bad, I'll look into CallCentric.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

G-Man

While awaiting a fix between Poly-GV, I tried to place calls directly from the GV web interface using my PC and Chrome browser. For some reason the phone button icon you click to dial is greyed out (web UI).

I'm assuming this shouldn't be related to the current Poly-GV issues because another forum stated even if Polycom devices are having issues, that using the GV app or the browser interface directly supposedly still works fine because they are unrelated to Obi devices.

However, as stated, my Dial (call) button is greyed out. So, anyone else newly experiencing this? Could this somehow still be related? Or should I treat/troubleshoot this as a separate issue? I will add that - Google recently sent me an email stating my "Linked number" will be removed unless I requested otherwise. But the wording sounded as if it would NOT affect service, and appeared to be just a house-keeping effort on unused phone numbers.

Any ideas? Is it related, unrelated? Thanks...

MSRobi

Quote from: G-Man on June 12, 2021, 04:23:05 PM
While awaiting a fix between Poly-GV, I tried to place calls directly from the GV web interface using my PC and Chrome browser. For some reason the phone button icon you click to dial is greyed out (web UI).

It is unrelated. Mine is greyed out until I enter a valid phone number to call, then it becomes enabled.  If yours is still disabled, go into settings, "My devices", is "Web" one of the choices and is it on (green)?

TheWalkman

I'm also getting a, "Call Failed - 901" error and an orange light on the phone at 8:05 EST.

(ingers crossed on a quick fix from GV and Poly!)

Dmitry

From other topic:

Quote from: SamirLatif on June 12, 2021, 04:07:57 PM
Looked around other website and this instructions worked for me. Copy and pasting it here for the rest. Hope this will resolve the same issue that I have:

Here's what I managed to do to get both my Obihai devices (200 & 202) "connected" and working again. (Yes, I suffered from the "registration not required", as well as the "token", issues).

In the Obitalk home page, select the desired device ... and then click "OBi Expert Configuration". Confirm that you actually want to go to that screen.

Then click "Enter OBi Expert"

On the left panel, under "Production Information" select:
SYSTEM MANAGEMENT » WAN Settings → or ←
ROUTER CONFIGURATION » WAN SETTINGS (menu changes between 200 & 202)

You then need to unclick the check marks under "OBiTALK Settings" for:
"DefaultGateway"
"DNSServer1"
"DNSServer2"

The check mark of the above 3 items will switch to "Device Default"; unclick those as well.

Default gateway is the IP of your home/business router
DNSServer1 I set to: "1.1.1.1" and DNSServer2 I set to "8.8.8.8"

Save the settings and then reboot your device.

Changing the Default Gateways ... and indicating the proper DNS servers to utilize brought me back to up-and-running; hope it does the same for you!

My comment:

You do not need to change Default Gateway
Just set
DNSServer1 to 1.1.1.1
DNSServer2 to 8.8.8.8

Wait few minutes and it will work.

MSRobi

I agree that you don't have to change the default gateway.  The default gateway showing in "Status" was already correct without touching it.  I did change DNS 1/2, waited for the device to get the changes from Obi Expert, then for good measure rebooted the device.

I've had a "Connected" status in my dashboard and green lights on my phone ports on the Obi202 ever since (about 15 minutes now).  But I've been going up and down all day without touching anything, so I'm a bit suspicious that this could just be coincidental.

On the other hand, it could very well be a DNS server problem between Poly and GV, and this change solves the problem.