News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

token error

Started by chiptape, June 09, 2021, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abal1221

Still not working for me.  I'm getting the female voice with a 503 error

Verified that I show Connected in Obitalk Dashboard
Rebooted
Power Cycled
Confirmed sign in with GV

Since this issue was reported as resolved by multiple, I went a step further and tried to reregister my device with GV.  Deleted settings and tried to recreate
Signing into GV fails with:  support.google.com refused to connect.

Verified that I can connect to support.google.com from another browser tab, so the issue appears to be with connections originating from Obitalk

awriter

Don't know if this is related to the recent mess - or if anyone here can help - but here goes:

Obi200  / LG Stylus 4 phone, True Wireless.

I've had my GV number, Obi200 and LG phone for years. Whenever someone called my GV number, it rang simultaneously on my 'home phone' and mobile.

The last week it only rings my home phone. I don't believe I changed any GV settings and don't use a Call Blocker.

I have no 'linked' numbers in GV settings on the web - but - when I open the GV app on the phone/settings - it shows my mobile number IS linked. Don't understand why they are different.

Under Incoming Calls - the only 2 devices "enabled" to ring with calls is the Obi200 and my cell.  I'm not Screening Calls or have anything else checked. Spam filter is on. Prefer Wi-Fi and mobile data is checked. That's it.

Any help will be appreciated!

Lisa

SteveInWA

Quote from: awriter on June 15, 2021, 01:48:06 PM
Don't know if this is related to the recent mess - or if anyone here can help - but here goes:

Obi200  / LG Stylus 4 phone, True Wireless.

I've had my GV number, Obi200 and LG phone for years. Whenever someone called my GV number, it rang simultaneously on my 'home phone' and mobile.

The last week it only rings my home phone. I don't believe I changed any GV settings and don't use a Call Blocker.

I have no 'linked' numbers in GV settings on the web - but - when I open the GV app on the phone/settings - it shows my mobile number IS linked. Don't understand why they are different.

Under Incoming Calls - the only 2 devices "enabled" to ring with calls is the Obi200 and my cell.  I'm not Screening Calls or have anything else checked. Spam filter is on. Prefer Wi-Fi and mobile data is checked. That's it.

Any help will be appreciated!

Lisa

Your post is off-topic for this discussion thread, which was about an entirely different issue.

Since your question isn't about your OBiTALK device, you can post it over on the Google Voice help forum:

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/new?hl=en

awriter

I'm wondering if it's possible that a setting on the *OBI* got messed up that's blocking anything but it to ring got changed in this mess. If not, my post is off-topic - but if it's possible, I couldn't know that without posting the problem here.

SteveInWA

I didn't mean to chastise you, but no; if your current problem is that inbound Google Voice calls are not ringing on your LG handset, then that is completely unrelated to the token error issue.  No-ring issues are very common, and there are some fixes that can be tried to resolve them.

awriter

No offense taken, Steve. I'll continue troubleshooting elsewhere. Turns out the phone IS ringing - in the background somewhere - but if it's a GV call, there's no interface to *answer* it! Works fine with calls straight to the phone. If it wasn't maddening, it would be funny. :)

bartleby

Since Monday June 14, I've been able to place GV calls with my Obihai 200.  Have had the three green lights too.  However, my Obihai doesn't ring on incoming calls (so I've been answering them on my Android phone.) That had been working just before the whole token error problem started.  I logged into my GV account, and it is still set to ring.  Any ideas what might be going on here?

MSRobi

Quote from: bartleby on June 18, 2021, 01:34:24 AM
I logged into my GV account, and it is still set to ring.  Any ideas what might be going on here?
This is a long shot, but get back into your GV account.  Click on the 3-horizontal bar  in upper left, and then click on "Legacy Google Voice".  Click on "Phones" tab.  One of the entries under "Forward calls to:" should start with "sip:", which is your Obi device.  If it isn't checked, check it and that should solve your problem.  If it is already checked, then I didn't help you.

PeterFales

After nearly a week, it never fixed itself. But for the record, what worked for us was to go to the SP1 configuration page and click the link near the bottom that said "Replace Google Account Credentials." As soon as that update was sent to the phone, the status changed from "Registration not required" to "Connected."

MSRobi

The other shoe has just dropped:

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/114914789/important-information-for-poly-obitalk-consumer-device-use-with-google-voice

I don't blame Google for wanting to move forward with OAuth, they've been moving to it for a few years now.

Basically Google is telling Poly it is time to "sh*t or get off the pot" and update your firmware to the new Certificate.  I take hope in this one sentence:  "Poly is working on a new firmware release."

If Poly does release the new firmware, this obitalk forum will have plenty of notice and places to get it. However, if Poly is not interested in the consumer Poly devices, we'll see the rest of the approved GVoice poly devices become unsupported and unapproved for Google Voice (like Obi100).

SteveInWA

Quote from: MSRobi on June 25, 2021, 06:48:05 PM
The other shoe has just dropped:

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/114914789/important-information-for-poly-obitalk-consumer-device-use-with-google-voice

I don't blame Google for wanting to move forward with OAuth, they've been moving to it for a few years now.

Basically Google is telling Poly it is time to "sh*t or get off the pot" and update your firmware to the new Certificate.  I take hope in this one sentence:  "Poly is working on a new firmware release."

If Poly does release the new firmware, this obitalk forum will have plenty of notice and places to get it. However, if Poly is not interested in the consumer Poly devices, we'll see the rest of the approved GVoice poly devices become unsupported and unapproved for Google Voice (like Obi100).

This is a digital certificate expiration, which is standard practice across the Internet.  All digital certificates have an expiry date, and that's what my announcement was about.  It was not about OAUTH.

To be clear:  Google has no control over Poly's business decisions.  All they can do is to inform Poly of the need for Poly to update their products, and to answer any questions Poly may have.  The rest is up to Poly.

There is no point whatsoever to speculate, whine, rant, create conspiracy theories, or otherwise try to determine what Poly will do and when they will do it.  All I can confirm is that they are definitely working on it.  How and when they will deploy the update is unknown and is up to them.

MSRobi

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 25, 2021, 06:54:53 PM

This is a digital certificate expiration, which is standard practice across the Internet.  All digital certificates have an expiry date, and that's what my announcement was about.  It was not about OAUTH....

***All I can confirm is that they are definitely working on it...up to them***

My apologies in bringing up OAuth, it was an error.  I'm so used to updating credentials due to the OAuth change that I thought it was the reason they are updating the certificate.

I am correct that this new information is all related to why we had the "token error" in the first place, so that is why I posted here in this thread.

Anyhow, the big point is what I bolded in quoting your message, Poly is at least aware they have to do something, and we all hope they follow through....this is the permanent fix discussed in this thread, we are living with a temporary fix now.  As a programmer, I suspect that updating the firmware to use a new certificate should be trivial for Poly to implement.  How motivated or interested or even capable of doing it is unknown.

andrepod

I had the Token Error on one of my devices (Obi200) up till yesterday. Reboots or DNS settings didn't help. Then I went into Security settings of the Google account (https://myaccount.google.com/security ) used for that device, and I noticed that "Third-party apps with account access" section (https://myaccount.google.com/permissions ) doesn't have Google Voice listed anymore. I don't know how it fell off, I'm sure I had it configured correctly in the past because I've been using GV on that device for years. Regardless, it's an easy problem to fix: I just did the "Replace Google Account Credentials" operation in Obitalk Dashboard, and it started working right away.

Skip367

Quote from: andrepod on June 27, 2021, 11:22:59 AM
I had the Token Error on one of my devices (Obi200) up till yesterday. Reboots or DNS settings didn't help. Then I went into Security settings of the Google account (https://myaccount.google.com/security ) used for that device, and I noticed that "Third-party apps with account access" section (https://myaccount.google.com/permissions ) doesn't have Google Voice listed anymore. I don't know how it fell off, I'm sure I had it configured correctly in the past because I've been using GV on that device for years. Regardless, it's an easy problem to fix: I just did the "Replace Google Account Credentials" operation in Obitalk Dashboard, and it started working right away.

I've looked all over the Obitalk Dashboard and have not found a way to "Replace Google Account Credentials" .  Can you be a tad more specific on how to do this?

Taoman

Quote from: Skip367 on June 29, 2021, 12:09:46 PM

I've looked all over the Obitalk Dashboard and have not found a way to "Replace Google Account Credentials" .  Can you be a tad more specific on how to do this?

From the Obitalk Dashboard
Click on the blue "gear" icon for your device
Under Settings column, click on the blue gear icon for the SP containing your GV config
You should see Replace Google Account Credentials at the bottom of the page

Moonwalker

This is a digital certificate expiration, which is standard practice across the Internet.  All digital certificates have an expiry date, and that's what my announcement was about.

All I can confirm is that they are definitely working on it...up to them.

Here's the announcement: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18430.0

In the meantime, it appears the "fix" for users is to delete their google credentials for whichever SP(1,2 or whatever) is producing the problem, then reenter them as at the first time it was set up. Hopefully that will stop the errors mentioned in this thread. No guarantees.

I'd like to extend a HUGE truckload of thanks for SteveInWA's tireless efforts in helping us all get to the bottom of this. Thanks to you (and some nameless others whom I'd also like to thank - please pass the word), my phone is now working again, and has been for a few weeks, and I'm just waiting for the firmware update from Poly.

SteveInWA, I hope you still have some hair left. 😳😬😎

SteveInWA

Quote from: Moonwalker on June 30, 2021, 11:10:48 AM

This is a digital certificate expiration, which is standard practice across the Internet.  All digital certificates have an expiry date, and that's what my announcement was about.

All I can confirm is that they are definitely working on it...up to them.

Here's the announcement: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18430.0

In the meantime, it appears the "fix" for users is to delete their google credentials for whichever SP(1,2 or whatever) is producing the problem, then reenter them as at the first time it was set up. Hopefully that will stop the errors mentioned in this thread. No guarantees.

Thank you for you kind comments!

Actually, no:  for the vast majority of users who were impacted by the outage, the problem was fixed remotely, and no user action is required.  If a user made changes to their OBi configuration, they may have messed up their device's ability to re-authenticate to Google Voice.  In that case, then yes, you would need to follow the bulleted steps in my post, here:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

holtdw01

I have followed every step 1) set DNS 2) delete and re-add device,  3) uncheck 0auth, and still get the "No registration required" on the Obitalk dashboard.  In the Obi device on SP1 I get "Connect Failed: No Response (server=216.239.36.145; retry in 45s)".  I have read the chatter on this forum nauseum but have not been able to identify a verified and supported solution. How frustrating. This has every sign of being a authentication problem. Looks like I will have port my number to a pay service provider again after spending four years using googlevoice through Obihia.   

SteveInWA

Quote from: holtdw01 on July 12, 2021, 11:43:19 AM
I have followed every step 1) set DNS 2) delete and re-add device,  3) uncheck 0auth, and still get the "No registration required" on the Obitalk dashboard.  In the Obi device on SP1 I get "Connect Failed: No Response (server=216.239.36.145; retry in 45s)".  I have read the chatter on this forum nauseum but have not been able to identify a verified and supported solution. How frustrating. This has every sign of being a authentication problem. Looks like I will have port my number to a pay service provider again after spending four years using googlevoice through Obihia.   

Please don't post in this thread.  Your question was already addressed elsewhere in this forum.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18338.msg109260#msg109260

lrosenman

Based on the banner now up on obitalk.com, the new firmware is out and will be auto-updated on 8/5/2021 at 17:00 PDT.  You can also do the update manually, follow the instructions linked from the banner.  I updated my Obi202, no issues, and it connected back up.