News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

token error

Started by chiptape, June 09, 2021, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterFales

I also followed the instructions on the banner to upgrade to the 8680 firmware.  No problems so far.

PeterFales

I followed the instructions in that banner to upgrade to 8680.  No problems seen in the upgrade process or subsequent operation.

mattd

Unfortunately, I just purchased, then upgraded the Obi202 to the latest firmware, and I continue to get configuration errors for Google Voice, namely:

Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden

Not surprisingly, when you try to make a call, you hear:
"The number you dialed XXX-XXX-XXXX has not received a response from the service provider"

I have tried to delete from dashboard, factory reset, multiple times but to no avail.  Are there any optics as to why?

SteveInWA

Quote from: mattd on September 09, 2022, 04:14:05 PMUnfortunately, I just purchased, then upgraded the Obi202 to the latest firmware, and I continue to get configuration errors for Google Voice, namely:

Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden

Not surprisingly, when you try to make a call, you hear:
"The number you dialed XXX-XXX-XXXX has not received a response from the service provider"

I have tried to delete from dashboard, factory reset, multiple times but to no avail.  Are there any optics as to why?

Given that the OBi ATAs are no longer manufactured nor sold as new, where did you get it, and was it claimed to be new or used?  It may simply be defective.

Have you tried performing a hardware restore to factory defaults (by using a paper clip and pressing and holding down the recessed switch on the bottom of the device for at least 10 seconds, then releasing the paper clip and letting it fully reboot)?  If not, do that next.

Then, add it back to the OBiTALK dashboard following the **5xxxx procedure.  If that's successful, try calling the echo test number (**9 222 222 222).  Do you hear "Welcome to OBiTALK...."?  If not, something basic is wrong with the device or its Ethernet connection.

If that works, then use a desktop or laptop computer's web browser, sign into the correct Gmail account that holds your Google Voice number, and go here:  https://voice.google.com/settings.

Do you see your Google Voice number at the top of the page?  If not, then either you don't have one, or this is the wrong account.  Find the right account and number.

If you found it, then try to make an outbound call from the browser.  Does that work?  If so, call your Google Voice number from some other telephone number, not a linked number.  Does that work?  If so, then your Google Voice service is working correctly.

If that all worked, then follow my instructions carefully to set up the device from scratch (omitting the steps we've already done here):

url]https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076[/url]

GopherSlayer

Fix from Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Googlevoice/comments/pth6oi/obi_200_not_working_again_with_google_voicetoken/

"go to the OBiTALK dashboard, click on the SP1-SP4 slot you are using for Google Voice, acknowledge the emergency calls warning, then click "Replace Google Account Credentials" and follow the instructions. Be absolutely certain that you are signed into the correct Gmail account that holds your Google Voice phone number.:"