News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configure Obi110 for India

Started by Ravi, November 04, 2011, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravi

Hi,
I need help for the following 2 configurations:

1) I want to use my Obi110 for ObiTalk Service and local PSTN (BSNL) and
2) when called to PSTN number, want to use Obi110 AA feature in connecting to ObiTalk service or other Obi features.

With the above context:

For #1
I have made PSTN as the primary. Outgoing is working fine for both Obitalk service and local PSTN. But when there is incoming call to PSTN number, we are not able to hear the ringing sound, where as caller hears the dialing sound. I think there is problem on "ring detection" but don't know how to fix this?

For #2
How to use the AA feature on PSTN incoming call?

I am trying hard to understand, how Obi works, but not successful. Are there any books to refer?

Thanks in advance.

RonR

Quote from: Ravi on November 04, 2011, 09:19:14 PM
For #1
I have made PSTN as the primary. Outgoing is working fine for both Obitalk service and local PSTN. But when there is incoming call to PSTN number, we are not able to hear the ringing sound, where as caller hears the dialing sound. I think there is problem on "ring detection" but don't know how to fix this?

There are a number of Ring Detection settings at:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> Ring Detection

I'm sorry I can't make any recommendations for your particular PSTN.

For #2
How to use the AA feature on PSTN incoming call?

To have all incoming calls to the LINE Port go to the Auto Attendant (once you get the OBi recognizing incoming calls), set:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : aa

I am trying hard to understand, how Obi works, but not successful. Are there any books to refer?

OBi Device Administration Guide

Ring Detection settings are documented on page 99.

Ravi

RonR,
Obi is not able to recognize incoming call on PSTN. i think there is frequency, voltage or some other parameter different in india because of which Obi device is not able to detect incoming call on PSTN.

I configured #2 as you said. #2 is not working because #1 is not working. I understand. Thanks.

Any suggestion would be great.

yhfung

In order to get the incoming PSTN caller ID received by your OBi110, please check the specification of your country and adjust the settings of your OBi110 accordingly.

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

RonR

Quote from: yhfung on November 05, 2011, 07:12:17 PM
In order to get the incoming PSTN caller ID received by your OBi110, please check the specification of your country and adjust the settings of your OBi110 accordingly.

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

It'll be necessary to get ring detection working before worrying about CallerID detection.

yhfung

When I installed my OBi110 in Hong Kong, we did experience the "Ring Detection" situation, you may consider to take a look at my previous thread for this similar problem in Hong Kong.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=622.0

You may need to adjust the parameter settings if neccessary after having checked the ring specification of your local telco.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

Ravi

yhfung,
Though I could not find details for India PSTN. I worked on trail and error with different parameters and it is working. I have saved the configuration.

Thanks to you and RonR

earthtoobi

can you share the settings that work.

pras

hi Ravi,

please share the settings.
thanks