News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Register failed 403

Started by hanly2, August 02, 2021, 02:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hanly2

Hello, I recently closed my phonepower account and I am going back to just having google voice on my phone. I have the obi100. I tried to do the setup and I am getting that error. The account shows linked. The device shows as online also. What should I check? There isn't many things in the basic configuration screen.

SteveInWA

The 100 series devices were discontinued years ago, and they cannot support Google Voice.  If you want to use Google Voice, buy an OBi 200 or 202.

drgeoff

Quote from: hanly2 on August 02, 2021, 02:14:27 PM
Hello, I recently closed my phonepower account and I am going back to just having google voice on my phone. I have the obi100. I tried to do the setup and I am getting that error. The account shows linked. The device shows as online also. What should I check? There isn't many things in the basic configuration screen.
Refer to http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14753.0 where I told you 3 years ago that an OBi100 no longer supports GV and advised you to obtain an OBi200 or OBi202.

hanly2

oh wow, I didnt remember that. Thank you lol

manzano258

Hello,

That error suggests that there is a problem with the Google/Gmail account you used to set up your device. Perhaps the account was deleted,TelltheBell or suspended, or it has some other problem. The way to troubleshoot this is to start by unplugging your OBi 202 from power, and diagnose whether Google Voice itself is at fault.

drgeoff

Quote from: manzano258 on August 23, 2021, 03:14:56 AM
Hello,

That error suggests that there is a problem with the Google/Gmail account you used to set up your device. Perhaps the account was deleted, or suspended, or it has some other problem. The way to troubleshoot this is to start by unplugging your OBi 202 from power, and diagnose whether Google Voice itself is at fault.
That post immediately above suggests a failure of its author to read and comprehend the previous posts.