November 30, 2021, 10:34:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Registration not required OBi 200 no longer working with google voice  (Read 12117 times)
quoyle

« on: June 12, 2021, 08:16:52 am »

My obi 200 has worked fine for over a year. Then stopped. A message said it needed to be reconfigured. I have followed all the steps. I can make outgoing calls, but incoming calls do not work.
Only says "registration not required" for the google voice setting.
Here is a screenshot.
any help much appreciated.

* Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 11.09.37 AM.png (111 KB, 1334x436 - viewed 489 times.)
StevenWaters

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 12:19:05 pm »

I'm having the same problem with my OBi202 as of Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 3:00 PM ET. It has been pretty reliable for four years. But starting Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:15 PM ET, I have been receiving emails alternately reporting the service is offline because the device is not registered, and then later the service is back online because it's registered, even though I didn't register or change anything.

Today when I logged in to the Device Configuration interface, it says "Registration Not Required." I've tried updating the Google Voice credentials, and I've tried deleting and re-adding it.

But I still can't make OR receive calls.  When people try calling me, it just rings forever, but never rings on my end. When I try placing a call, it plays the old-fashioned "number out of service" tones and says "The number you dialed... XXX-XXX-XXXX... has not received a response from... the service provider." It seems like an intermittent server-related issue that began last Thursday night.

* 2021-06-13_15-12-21.png (28.33 KB, 603x245 - viewed 469 times.)
DBuck42

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 10:45:59 am »

I'm having the same problem with my OBi202 as of Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 3:00 PM ET. It has been pretty reliable for four years. But starting Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:15 PM ET, I have been receiving emails alternately reporting the service is offline because the device is not registered, and then later the service is back online because it's registered, even though I didn't register or change anything.

Today when I logged in to the Device Configuration interface, it says "Registration Not Required." I've tried updating the Google Voice credentials, and I've tried deleting and re-adding it.

But I still can't make OR receive calls.  When people try calling me, it just rings forever, but never rings on my end. When I try placing a call, it plays the old-fashioned "number out of service" tones and says "The number you dialed... XXX-XXX-XXXX... has not received a response from... the service provider." It seems like an intermittent server-related issue that began last Thursday night.

I am having the same problem. Any thoughts?
bsdaiwa

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 05:34:34 pm »

I see the same problem, any solution?
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 05:35:41 pm »

I see the same problem, any solution?

This thread was completely unrelated to today's outage, which should now be resolved.

https://www.google.com/appsstatus/dashboard/incidents/cuYQpSPwGyTRb1Uuf4ED

bsdaiwa

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 06:03:05 pm »

My issue was resolved when I noticed that the new upgrade had not been done. Once I did a manual install the problem was resolved.
pinchvalve

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 06:35:19 am »

From what I have seen, ObiTalk does not work with Google voice.
lrosenman

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 10:13:22 am »

this is complete and utter BS.  It works fine.  I have a 202 with 2 GV lines that gets used EVERY day. 

pinchvalve

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 05:42:12 am »

I am glad that it works for you. Maybe instead of hurling insults, you can offer some support. It is a support forum after all! Poly support has been unable to fix it for me and for others on this forum, so clearly it IS an issue for some people.
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 01:36:39 pm »

I am glad that it works for you. Maybe instead of hurling insults, you can offer some support. It is a support forum after all! Poly support has been unable to fix it for me and for others on this forum, so clearly it IS an issue for some people.

As for "others on this forum", others on this forum have told you that you are full of shit, and trolling multiple threads with blanket statements about Poly, the company, or OBiTALK devices, in particular, is neither helpful nor welcome here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: