News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ringer Issues

Started by Tack, November 05, 2011, 08:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tack

I have Obi110 set up and functioning perfectly on voip.ms service.  However, I am getting some curious ringer behavior when I try, also, to have a softphone (3CX) open on my PC.  The softphone is directly configured to voip.ms.  And, of course, my desk phone is connected through the phone port of the Obi110. 

The problem arises in ringer behavior when both devices are operating.  Both can make outgoing calls without problem.  But, on incoming calls, sometimes both phones ring, sometimes only the desk phone, and sometimes only the softphone.  I can't live with this lottery, so, for now, I have disabled the softphone.

The inbound routing for the Obi110 is:  {ph,pp(ob290737856)}  (latter is Obitalk Google line).  Since, the 3CX is configured directly to voip.ms, I would have thought that its behavior would be independent of Obi110, but, obviously, I am missing something.

Perhaps, someone can educate me on this.  Thanks.

RonR

Some VoIP providers support multiple SIP registrations and ring them all simultaneously.

Some VoIP providers support only one SIP registration and the last one is the current one.

The symptoms you're experiencing probably have nothing to do with the OBi or its configuration.

Have you checked with voip.ms to see if multiple SIP registrations are supported on the same account?