News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Iphone 6 as linked number

Started by ShaleObi, June 13, 2021, 04:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaleObi

I used my iphone6 for linked # . Worked fine for years until just recently maybe a week or so ago
it quits - no ring / message . :( .The phone works fine to call/receive by itself .
Iphone6+ works fine ! Ios 14.6  :)
Is that because Iphone6 Ios 12.5.3 is too old ??? Appreciate any input before I upgrape my phone .

drgeoff

GV ringing (or in your case failing to ring) any device other than an OBi has almost* nothing to do with your OBi device(s) nor any settings on your OBi device(s), nor any settings on your OBi dashboard(s), nor any settings relevant only to your OBi device(s) in your settings at voice.google.com.

If your GV account is working fine to make and receive calls with your OBi device, then any problem with GV calls forwarded to your iPhone is entirely between GV, your cellphone carrier and your iPhone.

(* If the OBi is somehow answering calls extremely quickly then in theory there is the possibility that GV stops ringing all end-points so quickly that none of the other end-points get it.  But I really doubt that is happening.)

GV has no knowledge of, and frankly doesn't care about, what OS version or even what make of phone it is forwarding calls to.

ShaleObi

You are absolutly right ! It is a known issue , the spam block feature of tmobile stops the calls from GV .
Thanks for the input .