News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

call waiting hangs up receipient?

Started by MrAndroid, November 05, 2011, 06:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrAndroid

I'm seeing an issue with the obihai, but I don't know how to resolve it. first a little about my setup:

Obi 110 set up with two google voice lines and a landline (VoIP through cable provider).  GV1 is my personal line, and GV2 is a line i have set up strictly for business (I do over the phone tech support from home).  Both GV lines are set to ring the obihai and also my cell phone. 

Now the issue:  If I receive a call on GV2, and while talking receive another call on GV2, I of course get the call waiting sound.  If i switch over to that line and advise them to hold and then switch back to the first call, 90% of the time it hangs up on the second call.  The same happens if I switch over to the second call and stay talking on it.  After being on the second call for about 10-20 seconds it hangs up the first call.  I know it's not just the other people hanging up from the frequency at which it happens and also because all of them call back saying I hang up on them.

I'm switching to the second call in the same way that I did before I had the obihai (pressing the flash button).  Also, I know it's an issue with the obihai specifically because when i do the same on my cell phone (via receiving a call from GV) it doesn't disconnect them like it does with the obihai. 

Any idea what may be causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks

ProfTech

There could be two possibilities. When you press the flash button, your phone disconnects the line for a brief instant. Check the setting for the Phone port -> HookFlashTimeMax. Try setting it to a little larger value. I was having this same problem and ended up setting the value to 1250. Your phone may be disconnecting the line for just long enough for the Obi to think you have hung up and ended the call.

The second possibility is your firmware version. The Obi had a number of issues with call waiting and conference calls until they released the later V1.3 firmwares. I haven't had any issues using the flash button since I extended the HookFlashTimeMax and installed the newer firmware.

MrAndroid

Quote from: ProfTech on November 07, 2011, 07:59:37 AM
There could be two possibilities. When you press the flash button, your phone disconnects the line for a brief instant. Check the setting for the Phone port -> HookFlashTimeMax. Try setting it to a little larger value. I was having this same problem and ended up setting the value to 1250. Your phone may be disconnecting the line for just long enough for the Obi to think you have hung up and ended the call.

The second possibility is your firmware version. The Obi had a number of issues with call waiting and conference calls until they released the later V1.3 firmwares. I haven't had any issues using the flash button since I extended the HookFlashTimeMax and installed the newer firmware.

I'm already on the latest firmware so I'm guessing it's not that.  I went ahead and changed the HookFlashTimeMax to 1250.  I don't have much experience modifying the advanced settings of the obihai, so please let me know if I did it correctly:

Went into advanced settings of my obi110 via obitalk.com.  clicked on phone, then unchecked "device default" and "ObiTalk" boxes that are to the right of HookFlashTimeMax, then replaced the value of 900 with 1250.  I then saved.

Please let me know if I did that correctly.  I'll go ahead and test this out to see if it resolves my issue.  Thanks again for your help.

MrAndroid

it looks as though this has not fixed my issue, as switching a call to call waiting is still hanging up on them.

OBiSupport

Please email to support@obihai.com with your 9 digit OBi No.
We are interested to debug this with you, since we can't duplicate this in our lab.

-Obihai Support Team