News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Any easy way to migrate from OBi202 to OBi200?

Started by brossow, June 16, 2021, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brossow

We've got an OBi202 that had been working great since 2013 but recently has started giving us problems (reboots randomly when answering incoming calls, for example). I've done various troubleshooting as described in a separate thread and am now at the point where I've bought a new OBi200 (we only need one line, and it was on sale) to see if replacing the 202 altogether fixes the problem.

Simply put, is it possible to export/backup the settings from the 202 and import/restore them directly to the 200 to save having to reconfigure everything manually? It's not that I can't do it manually but simply that I don't want to if I don't have to since there's been a lot of custom configuration over the past eight years.
OBi202 • Google Voice (domestic) • Localphone (international)

brossow

I'm taking the resounding silence as a "no." Rats.

azrobert

You take a config backup then import into OBiTalk.
Backups don't contain passwords, so you will have to enter them manually.
There is no way to enter a GV password.
You can try editing the GV SP and select "Replace Google Account Credentials".

You are going from a 202 to a 200.
I'm guessing OBiTalk will ignore the extra parms.
Don't know if this will cause problems.

There was a bug importing configs. You could see the parms in OBiTalk, but they weren't transferred  to the physical device. I had to use OBi Expert to uncheck both boxes to the right of every imported parm and click submit. I don't know if this was fixed.

Login to your OBi202 locally using its IP address.
The default userid and password are both "admin"

System Management -> Device Update
Under Backup Configuration check Use OBi Version
Click Backup

From the OBiTalk Dashboard click the gear ICON to the right of your OBi200
Click OBi Expert Configuration
Confirm
Under Manage Expert Configuration click Choose File
Find the Backup file and open
Click Import Config to OBi Expert

I would just use copy and paste instead of the above.

brossow

Thanks for the info! I ended up just copying/pasting digit maps, etc. and didn't bother trying to import. Since I'm trying to troubleshoot why the OBi202 keeps disconnecting/rebooting whenever someone calls, importing a potentially bad configuration (which to be fair hasn't change in many years) didn't seem like a great idea. So far so good. Next step is backup, then full factory reset and start from scratch on the OBi202. If the problem continues, it's hardware. If not, then something just got hosed somehow. We'll see. Thanks again!

Sheffield_Steve

Have you tried a different power supply?

A failing power supply will give you the symptoms you have.

jccpa

FYI. If you save the 202's backup file, you can open it with Notepad++ (it is xml file), and you can easily search any parameter in the file.

This can help you configure a new 200 or whatever as you will have a copy of each parameter, such as inbound call routes, digitmaps, etc.

As mentioned above, try a different power supply and check your firmware version.

FYI. There is some problem with OBiTalk portal sending configuration updates to devices (I have a post), so any changes you make in the config, be sure to log into the device locally by IP Address and confirm the changes. Make sure to submit and then reboot. We are currently making identical changes (I hope!) to both the OBiTalk portal and the local config as a workaround.