News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 with Rogers XB6 Ignite modem

Started by LearnKid, June 17, 2021, 02:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LearnKid

I am thinking to upgrade my Roger's old plan on Hitron modem to Ignite plan on XB6 modem.  I used Webslinger's v1.6 guide before and saw that the guide was recently updated to 1.71 (nice and great work).  The updated guide includes Rogers XB6 requiring to disable SIP (page 5). I will also make sure that the IP address range of XB6 will be the same with my current OBI 200.  Is there any known issue using Rogers XB6 for OBI200 or any special setup to do further?   

LearnKid

Update. Got the new Rogers Ignite modem and set it up successfully. I think the modem is actually XB7 (Ignite Gen 2 - white color), as the XB6 is in black color.  I didn't see any "option" under the Advanced tab and couldn't find anywhere to enable/disable the SIP from the user interface. However, it seems my OBI200 works ok i.e. it can dial-out and receives call.  There are 2 possibilities: the SIP is disabled by default in the XB7 modem or it is enabled but it doesn't or hasn't caused the issue yet. Perhaps, they figured out and improved the SIG ALG protocol on this modem. Anyway, I will keep monitoring my OBI200 for now.      

jholme004

I have a Comcast XB7 for the past 2 years (Comcast licenses the XB series to Rodgers) and have had no issues...I'm betting you will be good to go!  ;D
-Jason