News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiON Replacement?

Started by ScatSpeak, June 08, 2018, 08:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScatSpeak

After upgrading my OBi110 to the OBi200 I was running through testing and tried the OBiON app on my iPhone only to discover that it's not functional or compatible with the last iOS version (or possibly earler)...

I've always used this OBiON app when traveling internationally so that armed with only a WiFi connection, I could "call home" simply by firing up the OBiON app and connecting to my OBi device ID from the contacts listing and using the OBi attendant to ring the local handset in the house...

So, since it seems there is no more OBiON app upgrade compatible, what replacement app can be used to accomplish the same thing?... I don't want to use the trusted caller mode to dial up my home telephone number and have the OBi200 attendant answer because this defeats the purpose... and forces me to then use the LTE/Cell network instead...

What to do for similar capability?... it was so simple and easy...

azrobert

You need to install a softphone on your phone. Zoiper and Linphone are free softphones for the iPhone.

Create a free Callcentric IP Freedom account
https://www.callcentric.com/rate/plans/ip_freedom/

The main account defaults as extension 100
Define extension 101

Register your OBi200 as the main account.
Change the X_InboundCallRoute to:
{101>17771234567:aa}

Register your iPhone softphone as extension 101.

Using your softphone call 100.
You will be connected to the Auto Attendant.

helloworld

This worked for me!!! Many thanks!