News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

is there any configuration required for endpoint-to-endpoint use only?

Started by Potato, November 05, 2011, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Potato

Hi, I hope this is the right place for this question.

I have two OBI110 units. One is used in the USA, configured with GV and is working perfectly. Another one is going to be used in China. The only purpose for that unit (in China) is to call the unit in the USA and vice versa. In other words, the unit in China will be only using endpoint-to-endpoint communications. For the unit in China, is there any configuration I need after I plug the power, internet cable and a phone line into the unit?

Thank you very much!

RonR

An OBi straight out of the box without being registered with Obihai and without being configured in any way can make OBi-to-OBi calls using **9 xxx xxx xxx.

yhfung

As RonR said, you can use OBiTalk to communicate each other. In fact, I have many friends who bought OBi110s installed in Mainland China, Hong Kong, US and Canada. There is no problem for OBi110 installed in the Mainland China. You may consider to install GV for the Mainland China because I have used it many times without any problem encountered.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

Potato

Thanks a lot for your information! Really helpful.

Unfortunately, the unit I brought back to mainland China seems to have been burned due to a mismatch on the transformer. I have one unit in the US which has a 110-220V adapter, while the one I brought to China has a 110v adpater for whatever reason. I took it for granted when I plugged it in at home in China. Now the power light is always red, and the reset didn't help.

But now I do know that this unit would have worked.

Thank you!