News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiBT vs ObiLine vs Obi212, Most Reliable Solution ?

Started by realjohny, June 18, 2021, 06:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realjohny

Hi everyone,

I want to achieve remote calling function from Obi200, calling OBi200 remotely from GV app on mobile and accessing remote call function.

I have three considerations:

1- Use Obi200 + ObiBT for remote calling pairing a 2nd mobile phone.
2- Use Obi200+ObiLine and add a GSM terminal to that generates dial tone to OBiLine.
3- Buy a Obi212 which comes with a PSTN line function and use it with GSM terminal that
    generates tone.

Which out of these three will be most reliable solution ? I have Obi200, ObiBT and OBiLine but not OBi212.

drgeoff

Don't know why you think you need "a GSM terminal that generates dial tone".

I'd start by trying whichever of 1 or 2 has lower call costs to see if it works well enough for you.

realjohny

Hi drgeoff,

I have a GSM gateway purchased years back as OBiBT wasn't reliable for me but then someone in the forum suggested that I might be having a faulty unit. I switched to OBiLine with less bad experience than OBiBT but it wasn't perfect. Want to know if OBi212 is a better choice.

I want to use remote calling when I'm traveling.

azrobert

Why can't you make calls directly from your mobile using the GV app or a softphone connected to a service provider? Why do you have to go thru your OBi200?

realjohny

I want to show my SIM ID and not Google Voice ID when calling anyone.

drgeoff

Quote from: realjohny on June 19, 2021, 02:49:36 PM
I want to show my SIM ID and not Google Voice ID when calling anyone.
If you want the callee to see your mobile number as CallerID you have no choice but to use the OBiBT and cellphone for the outgoing leg from your OBi.  That path cannot support the other leg at the same time.  So you need the cellphone you will have with you to call in to your OBi on a Voice Service or landline.

AIUI that Voice Service on the OBi cannot be the same GV number as the GV app.  You need a second VoIP number - either another GV one or some other SIP account - or use your landline.  If you opt for the landline, either the 200 plus OBiLINE combination or a 212 can be used.  As you already have the former, why not try it?