News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I block robocalls/area codes in ObiTalk?

Started by ArlisT, June 22, 2021, 05:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArlisT

I want to block all calls from a specific area code (8 identical scam calls just today all from the same area code but all with different numbers, so simply blocking the number in GoogleVoice is fruitless). I searched the forums here and did find one seemingly simple answer: "Click on Voice Services.  Click on whichever SP Service you are using, probably SP1 Service.  Change what is currently in the X_InboundCallRoute field...", but on my dashboard I don't see anything like 'Voice Services', and I don't even know where to look for it. Can someone tell me how to block all calls from a specific area code, or even just block robocalls in general?

Thanks.

N7AS

Go to Voiceervices > SP1 Service > x_InboudCallRoutttttttte and enter
 {(+1aaaxxxxxxx):},{ph}
where aaa is the area code you want to block.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Taoman

From OBiTALK dashboard click on Edit Profile on left-hand side of page and scroll to bottom.
Make sure "Enable OBi Expert Entry from Dashboard" is checked
Again from OBiTALK dashboard click on red E for Expert Configuration
Expand Voice Services
Highlight SP1 Service
Uncheck both boxes to the right of the X_InboundCallRoute field
Change X_InboundCallRoute to the following:

{(+1555xxxxxxx):},{ph}

Replace 555 with desired area code. Submit and save your edit.

MSRobi

If I want to block more than 1 area code, do I separate the curly braces by commas?  For example:

{(+1555xxxxxxx):}, {(+1666xxxxxxx):}, {ph}

Taoman

Quote from: MSRobi on June 24, 2021, 06:08:51 PM
If I want to block more than 1 area code, do I separate the curly braces by commas?  For example:

{(+1555xxxxxxx):}, {(+1666xxxxxxx):}, {ph}

Use a separator ("pipe" key) inside first parens and curly bracket.

{(+1666xxxxxxx|+1555xxxxxxx):}, {ph}