News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Resolved: The Number You have Dialed is Unallocated

Started by ht1222, June 24, 2021, 06:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht1222

I have an Obi200 and have been using GV and voip.ms on it for several years. I had issues this week and finally got GV re-registered yesterday (SP1) and voip.ms (SP2) re-registered this morning.

Now, when I try to call out to a landline on either service, I receive the message, "The number you have dialed is unallocated."

When I try to call out to a cell phone, it goes through without a problem. I am able to receive calls from both landlines and cell phones.

A device reboot didn't help. Any suggestions?

Update #1: It appears to be a voip.ms issue as the message only occurs after adding voip.ms to Obi and disappears when it is deleted from my account. I have filed a ticket with them.

Update #2: For others who may encounter a similar issue. It was a problem with the digitmap setting in the Obi for voip.ms. I'm not sure how/why that also affected GV, but a chat with voip.ms support fixed it.  :)

drgeoff

That message is not generated by any OBi device.

That you get the same message when calling using GV or voip.ms strongly suggests that neither of them is generating the message.  Rather it is coming from the telco that "owns" the number.

In other words, it is almost certain that there is nothing amiss with your OBi or its configuration for your two service providers, nothing amiss with your accounts with those service providers.

Are you saying you cannot reach any landline numbers?  Or cannot reach one specific number?  Or cannot reach any number with a specific area code?

ht1222

Thanks for your response. You are correct - I am unable to reach any landline numbers. This only started this morning after adding voip.ms back to my Obi.

To clarify in case it makes a difference, I have two separate phone numbers (one for GV and one for voip.ms) and receive the same unallocated message when trying to dial out to a landline with either number.

drgeoff

Quote from: ht1222 on June 24, 2021, 07:07:51 AM
Thanks for your response. You are correct - I am unable to reach any landline numbers. This only started this morning after adding voip.ms back to my Obi.

To clarify in case it makes a difference, I have two separate phone numbers (one for GV and one for voip.ms) and receive the same unallocated message when trying to dial out to a landline with either number.

1.  I am in the UK where mobile phones (cellphones in US speak) always have numbers beginning with 07 and landlines never do.  But AIUI in the US there is no way to tell from a number itself if it is landline or cellphone.  Indeed you can port landline numbers to cellphones - something which is impossible here.  So there is no way that your OBi can behave differently when dialling a cellphone versus a landline?

2.  Are you 110% certain that you are making the calls using both GV and voip.ms?  Is it possible that adding voip.ms has somehow caused your OBi to call out on the same service when you think you are trying both?  You can check the Call History by pointing a browser at the OBi's local IP address, logging in with admin and admin (unless you changed that default) and clicking on Status.  You will see the SP used and the actual number that your OBi sent to the service provider. 

ht1222

Just a quick note to say thanks for your assistance this morning. I updated my initial post with the solution - it was a problem with the DigitMap for SP2 (voip.ms) in Obi.