News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up the same number on two OBI devices, Obi202 and Ob2182

Started by paulzak, July 01, 2021, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulzak

I've searched and can't find much on setting up the same Anveo number on two or more phones.

I have an Obi202 and Obi2182. I want the Anveo number to appear and ring on both devices. I've worked with Anveo customer service and they feel my Anveo call flow configuration is correct and my service level supports this feature.

I can get one phone or the other to ring, but never both at the same time. (I must change the order of lines in the Anveo Transfer widget to get one or the other to work.)

This is what Anveo sent back:

I've checked the call flow configuration, and it looks Ok.
Please, check if your OBITALK account is configure to ring incoming calls on the phone line. Login into OBITALK account, click SP where you have Anveo configured and configure 'Incoming Calls Will Ring' option

I also activated SIP Trace for your account and made two test calls. The first, I heard that ringing tone war changing after the first ring. It usually means that the call was transferred. Please dial *73 and disable the call forwarding
The second, SIP Trace shows that all your phones answered 'Ringing" when I made test calls. You need to look at 'Server' section

end of Anveo note.

I have reviewed all my Obi settings and have done a factory reset on the Obi2182 but without any impact at all. I'm unclear where to find 'Incoming Calls Will Ring' option. Is this in expert settings?

Is there a known issue when you try to share a number between 2 Obi devices?

What else can I try and or look for?

What additional information would someone need to diagnose this?

Thanks in advance, Paul

jccpa

Fortunately this is an easy fix.

EACH DEVICE requires a separate SIP account from Anveo. (ask me how I know)

On your Anveo dashboard, add subaccounts for each device, then get the SIP account info for that subaccount after verifying 911, etc as required to setup the account.

So you will have a UNIQUE SIP account number and password for EACH SP slot on each device.

As comparison, Google Voice allows up to 6 devices to share the same credentials. Anveo is one per account/subaccount.

You may have to add additional subaccounts subscription, depending on what you have. I think they are $1-.50 per month, per account when purchased in groups of 5, 10, 25, etc

FYI. Anveo supports call routing and PBX like features. Having one account per SP, per device allows calls to be controlled and routed to individual SP/devices.

I don't have my Anveo account in front of me at the moment, but if you need more details directions, just ask ;)

paulzak

Thanks greatly for the response. Yes, I do have separate SIP credentials for each Obi device.

Any other thoughts?

jccpa

Quote from: paulzak on July 02, 2021, 07:12:29 AM
Thanks greatly for the response. Yes, I do have separate SIP credentials for each Obi device.

Any other thoughts?

If you are on the same local LAN as the devices, you can log into the devices directly using a browser to its IP address. You can find the IP Address on OBiTalk portal by selecting the device, Expert configuration, Status, System Status. (I think most devices, except 212).

Default access login/pass is admin/admin.

Then under Status, Call History, you can see what the OBi device is receiving and how it is handling the call and the final disposition (answered, etc)

I've attached a sample, showing an incoming call from SP1 with the callerID (not on the pic) and that it was sent to PH1 and PH2 ports, both ports ringing, and then PH1 answered the call.

Once you find out what is happening to the call, it will be easier to troubleshoot it.

paulzak

Thank you so much. What a great way to troubleshoot it.

Turns out, through an iterative process, I figured out that I'd built the call process in the wrong subaccount. It's important where you build it!

I do not pretend to understand how the subaccounts relate to call process. Anveo is great but without much documentation, it can be a real nuisance. Anveo customer service answered the questions I asked but didn't offer anything more.

Thanks again, Paul